Address Change Implication during I485

No Title

There should not be any implication of address change to I485 as long as you send the changed address to INS.
I have changed my address in I-485 form Pitt to Columbus and did not see a problem yet
PD 02/10/1999
ND 12/09/1999
FP 03/10/2001
RFE 04/25/01.

No Title

I too have the same question - those who did it - can you please explain the process? thanks!

No Title

I have called INS (spoke to IIO) and changed my address (from VA to Boston, MA). I got my FP done at Boston (confirmation that my address did change at INS) and so far so good. still waiting for I-485 approval. PD 6/98, ND 2/00, FP 3/01, EB3... My sponsoring employer remain the same...

No Title

Hi,

I changed my residence (within NJ) while my i485 was pending. All I did was call INS Vermont and told the IIO that I want give my change of address info. The IIO asked my what my A# is (because with the A#, they can change all the outstanding applications for you). In my case I had an i-485 and i765 (application for EAD) pending. Then he updated my address in all the pending applications.

I also faxed my change of address info to my attorney. But I don\'t know if he did anything

hope this helps,
arbikay

No Title

Only Calling IIO for informing change of address sufficient?
Do we have to send paper works?

Do we get RFE for address change?

Thanks.

No Title

I did not send any paperwork. I don\'t know if my lawyer did. Please check with your lawyer.

No Title

Just called IIO and get my address changed. I have asked my lawyer to send the papers for address change but apparently he didn\'t send. Just call the IIO and get it changed. Don\'t rely on your lawyer.

No Title

I just send a letter to INS, tell them i have address changed. look no problem, since i received my EAD in very short time

No Title

those of you who changed addresses - did you get RFEs (for employment verification)? somebody
suggested that if you change addresses, it might trigger an RFE..

No Title

It’s one of my friends experience,

They where in apartment when they applied for I-485, later they bought a house and they moved , all
they did is informed the lawyer. I think lawyer will do some sort of paper work for . basically writing a letter to INS . Couple of months later he called INS and found out weather they have the correct address or not. Recently their I485 got approved with out any RFE.

INS is not reliable at all any thing might happen at any point. Some times those triggers for good and some for bad. My feeling if it is very much necessary then change and take care of informing the INS people they have all the correct info of the address.

Thanks

No Title

What is the full form of IIO please .
Does it stands for Immigration Information Officer.

What is the IIO no. also