Address change - how does it affect processing

fanner

Registered Users (C)
I am moving at the end of January from the Santa Clara county (serviced by the San Jose office) to the San Mateo county (serviced by the San Francisco office). Will my case move from San Jose to San Francisco?

If it does, how does it affect the time of my processing? Will everything start from the beginning or from the point it was at San Jose?

Thanks in advance.

The whole process doesnt start all over again. They just change the address. For some guys it goes smoothly, however others still receive INS letters and notices at their old address which is confusing (because of poor INS executing I guess).
We are in that situation too. Want to move, other than side reasons "not changing the address" because of INS is one of the main ones to keep us hold on to this residence for now. We are expecting an interview letter soon but having read how other guys here dont receive stuff (cause they were sent to their old address) is very frustrating and really dont know what to do.
Other than that nothing changes but the address.

I am in the same situation now . I think if you change your address and if it falls under a different district office and it might delay or speed up your processing .For ex. if I moved to virginia from pittsburgh wouldn't my application be delayed based on the processing date in virginia as compared to pittsburgh . Does anyone know ? Thanks .

No idea , guys, any suggestions here??? I would like to know the same. Most people have bad experince with that change of address

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I sent out the change of address letter on Dec 07, 04 by regular $.37 mail.
Will they post anything on my case status tell me they be noticed or not?
thx

wanzi said:
I think I sent out the change of address letter on Dec 07, 04 by regular $.37 mail.
Will they post anything on my case status tell me they be noticed or not?
thx
They should send you a confirmation that they have updated their system with new address information. They did it for me. But I don't think they will send anything on your case status.

I changed my address last week. I havent received any confirmation, no change in status too. How long does USCIS take to send the confirmation?

It comes in within a month.
Funny thing happened when I received it. I would like to share that with you all. When I saw a letter from INS in my mail box. I jumped and I throw every thing from my hands to floor to open that envelop because I was waiting on my FP from 5 months. When I opened it , it was just a confirmation to my Address Change. I was so down at that time. :(
The very next day I saw onther envelop from INS in my inbox. But this time I didn't jump. I thought it must be something related to address change. When I opened it, it was a call for my FP. :D
This processing has put my so many future plans on hold.

Last edited by a moderator: