Address change help

GC_AIR

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Currently my I-485 application is in process and am moving to new apartment today.I have finger print appointment next week.Do you think it's a good idea to mention new address on the finger print form or it's better to put old address ,then make a call to USCIS and inform them about the address change .

Can you please tell me to which number I have to call to inform about address change.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
GC_AIR

GC_AIR said:
Hi,

Currently my I-485 application is in process and am moving to new apartment today.I have finger print appointment next week.Do you think it's a good idea to mention new address on the finger print form or it's better to put old address ,then make a call to USCIS and inform them about the address change .

Can you please tell me to which number I have to call to inform about address change.

Thanks
GC_AIR

FP goes by the A# not the home address. Of course it's a good practice to mention your new home address because you are moving in a few days. Don't forget to file AR-11 with USCIS within 10 days after your move.

GC_AIR said:
Hi,

Currently my I-485 application is in process and am moving to new apartment today.I have finger print appointment next week.Do you think it's a good idea to mention new address on the finger print form or it's better to put old address ,
------------ inform the new address
then make a call to USCIS and inform them about the address change .
-----------yes, read below
-----read below, call and also write letter with certified mail to your service center provide your name, A# DOB, I-485 filing reciept # and copy of I-485 reciept, OLD address and NEW address .

Thanks
GC_AIR

1 file form AR11 for address change(it will not change your address on pending petitions with USCIS, you need to write to USCIS)
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your pending I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your I-485 reciept # name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application)
4 if want to use AC21 THEN if the past company lawyer filed I-485 then better change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with your new lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail form G28 to sevice center, he can also make a request to chage your New address on Pending I-485 and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer
*** do the all 1,2,3,4 according to your situation

Questions on AR-11 form

Hi,

I have couple of questions on filling AR-11 form,

I have applied for my 485 (EB3 India PD 09/2001 VSC - Vermont Service Center) last june and gave my finger prints around october time. And i am in the process of moving to a new apt. In AR-11 form wht should i fill for following sections :

1)
I am in the United States as a) Visitor b) permanent resident c) student
d) other (- specify) - I guess i should fill Other with reason H-1B ?

2)Port of Entry into US and Date of Entry ?
- Should these be the latest US entry details

Also regarding the Step 3 notifying VSC, i would like to know the mailing address for Vermont Service Center (for notifying Address Change) -

Please provide the information

Thanks in Advance