Address Change confirmation

luckGC

Registered Users (C)
hi All,

I have question regarding address change. Before i have tried to call the customer service number and gave my updated address and also filed AR11. Still when i went for my 2nd FP they had my old address so i had to ask them to update the system with the new address.

The question i have is... when you call the customer service center and send in your AR11 form... do they really update the address.... and how can we really verify if they did it....?

Can we walk in to any local service center and check if our address is updated in the system...?

Please advise....

Thanks,

luckGC
RD N0v 23rd 2001

I only sent in the AR11 form ( I didn't contact any body over phone ect). After about a month, I received another I485 receipt with updated address.

Originally posted by luckGC
hi All,

I have question regarding address change. Before i have tried to call the customer service number and gave my updated address and also filed AR11. Still when i went for my 2nd FP they had my old address so i had to ask them to update the system with the new address.

The question i have is... when you call the customer service center and send in your AR11 form... do they really update the address.... and how can we really verify if they did it....?

Can we walk in to any local service center and check if our address is updated in the system...?

Please advise....

Thanks,

luckGC
RD N0v 23rd 2001

That is what you can expect from BCIS my friend. I am a similar case like yours. Mine got updated and I got a notification but my wife's after 2 attempts still has not received any attention at all.....

luck GC

Unless you get a confirmation letter at your new address, you can be 99% sure the address did not get updated. We sent out AR-11 forms in April and followed with a phone call in June. Still, when we called again in Sept, the address was not updated. They finally did it and sent confirmation by mail. They also added a small note "please allow an extra 60 days for processing".

RD 1/18/02
ND 1/31/02

I didn't get confirmation even after 5 attempts. My wife got confirmation within 4 weeks (first attempt).

Thanks for the input

hi All,

Thanks for the input regarding the address change. Can i call the service center and ask what address they have for me on file... so that i can be sure that they did update it...

Or do i have to wait for the confirmation letter in mail?

Thanks,

luckGC

change of address

THis is my experience...

sent AR -11 in APril.
Called BCIS in april to inform them of my new address. Received no notification.

Called them again in May, took my address one more time..still no notification received...

Again called them in July..same old story...and again in august...till todate no notification ..just the customer service take down my address again and again...

Called BCIS today to check ..same old thing..took down my old address and new address and said to wait for notification ...

Am concerned that all future BCIS notices will be forwarded to my old address!