Address change before plastic card

plastic_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Please help!!!

Is there ANYONE WHO HAS FILED AR-11 before geting plastic card and after getting passport stamped?

I am silentvisitor of this forum.
I got my passport stamped from Cleveland, OH(NSC) last week.

My company is moving me to NJ next week which is in VSC.
What will happen to my plastic card. Will it be Forwarded to my new address thro USPS if I give them my FW address
OR I need to file AR-11? Will my case be transferred to VSC then OR will NSC FW my plastic card to NJ?
Since I just got my approval, if I file my AR-11 just after 14 days of approval, will my GC not be in jeopardy?

Thanks in advance....

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

Contact NSC to update ur address

USPS will not forward ur mails form BCIS(sometimes They may by mistake).Filling AR11 is required by law but It will not change ur address in the GC file.So call the service center by the 800 number and update ur address as soon as possible.Hopefully ur card is not yet ordered .Call the service center as soon as possible to update ur addres.That may work to some extend.

But it is better to give the forwarding address in USPS.So that they can notify BCIS if they happen to receive the card.

You need to fill the second page of the form G-731. Send it to the service centre where your 485 is approved. The second page of G-731 has a column where in you can specify the address where you want to get the Plastic card.

Contact NSC to update ur address

USPS will not forward ur mails form BCIS(sometimes They may by mistake).Filling AR11 is required by law but It will not change ur address in the GC file.So call the service center by the 800 number and update ur address as soon as possible.Hopefully ur card is not yet ordered .Call the service center as soon as possible to update ur addres.That may work to some extend.

But it is better to give the forwarding address in USPS.So that they can notify BCIS if they happen to receive the card.

Hi saisiree,
Thanks for ur reply

DO U KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAME ACROSS THIS SITUATION?

Do I need to file AR-11 also along with G-731?

Tx

Can anybody tell that:

If I file AR-11, will my case be transferred to VSC from NSC
OR

will NSC Forward my plastic card to NJ?

Originally posted by plastic_gc
Can anybody tell that:

If I file AR-11, will my case be transferred to VSC from NSC
OR

will NSC Forward my plastic card to NJ?

An approved case will not be transfeered.

Best suggestion is to call USCIS and update.

It's your luck. My case was very similar to yours. I changed my address after stamping my passport by contacting 800 #, sending letter and G731v form but they didn't change my address on their file. They send my card to old address after 15 days and when I didn't receive my card, I went to my old apt and got the card. Some other person had moved to that apt. I moved to other address with in same city. Call 800# ASAP and send the letter to VSC regarding change of address.

Originally posted by plastic_gc
Hi Guys

Please help!!!

Is there ANYONE WHO HAS FILED AR-11 before geting plastic card and after getting passport stamped?

I am silentvisitor of this forum.
I got my passport stamped from Cleveland, OH(NSC) last week.

My company is moving me to NJ next week which is in VSC.
What will happen to my plastic card. Will it be Forwarded to my new address thro USPS if I give them my FW address
OR I need to file AR-11? Will my case be transferred to VSC then OR will NSC FW my plastic card to NJ?
Since I just got my approval, if I file my AR-11 just after 14 days of approval, will my GC not be in jeopardy?

Thanks in advance....

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

AR-11 needs to be filed by all non-citizens including GC holders, as per law.
U can call them and update so that the card can be sent to the correct address.

form G-731

Manish && Saisree
It looks like just filing AR-11 will not solve the purpose I need to file form G-731
Can you please throw light on this? From where can I get this form && do I need to hire a lawyer for this because my lawyer has his hands up?
My case was approved from NSC and I am moving to VSC, do I need to send this form G731 to NSC or VSC?

Tx

You can file G731 form anytime. It is better to change your address on phone and send letter too. If you lost you card, you need to file again with $130 fee and photos. VSC seems to be very fast to process I551. They had sent the card with in one month of stamping on passport.

ManishR
Tx for ur response.
I have phoned INS and updated my address. Going to send AR-11 and G-731

Unfortunately I could not find instructions for form G-731
I need help for filling form G731;

Looks like I need to keep page 1 of G-731 blank, so I don't need to fill anything for Section A and B on page 1 ; right?

Really appreciate if u can tell what to fill for this on page 2:

Form Type:
Receipt Number:(I guess it is LIN.........?)
Date Filed: Is it the approval date or notice date on I-485 recepit

I guess I need to leave this blank:
Service Response:
Date of Response:

Thanks

Hi

Can anybody tell what to fill for the following for form G731 second page?

Form Type:
Receipt Number: It is LIN.........?)
Date Filed: Is it the approval date or notice date on I-485 recepit

I guess I need to leave this blank:
Service Response:
Date of Response:

Thanks