Address change before Plastic card

plastic_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Please help!!!

Is there ANYONE WHO HAS FILED AR-11 before geting plastic card and after getting passport stamped?

I am silentvisitor of this forum.
I got my passport stamped from Cleveland, OH(NSC) last week.

My company is moving me to NJ next week which is in VSC.
What will happen to my plastic card. Will it be Forwarded to my new address thro USPS if I give them my FW address
OR I need to file AR-11? Will my case be transferred to VSC then OR will NSC FW my plastic card to NJ?
Since I just got my approval, if I file my AR-11 just after 14 days of approval, will my GC not be in jeopardy?

Thanks in advance....

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

plastic_gc,

Recently it took me and my wife 3-4 weeks to get the card in hand after stamping. Also, these days the mail from INS carrying the GC does not contain any instruction saying it should not be forwarded.

I'd say if you can maintain your address for the next month or so (ask your buddy to check the mail) even after you move to NJ, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Another option is to provide the forwarding address to the post office and they'll send it to your new address.

Pardoner

My company lawyer says that "Filing change of address after getting passport stamp is very RISKY because generally after filing AR-11, address is notupdated for at least 1-2 months and in meanwhile if your greencard comes then u r gone.

Post Office may/may not FW physical Green Card. SO if it goes back to INS, then u r in trouble. Generally INS do not send it back and u keep on stamping ur GC every year spending 145 bucks!!!

----------------------------------
PLEASE DON'T SUE ME :D

I guess that AR-11 should be filed by Law.

Not sure whether your case will be xferred to VSC since u have already got ur case approved and passport stamped.

Guess a person who already has his passport stamped and filed AR-11 might help|||

Hi,

I am also in same situation. I went for stamping && they told that I have moved to TSC from VSC They told me that I need to file AR-11

Q is
1) Does USPS FW the plastic card? If yes then we might give FW address.

Tx,
Akshat

Hi,

I am also in same situation. I went for stamping && they told that I have moved to TSC from VSC They told me that I need to file AR-11

Q is
1) Does USPS FW the plastic card? If yes then we might give FW address.

Tx,
Akshat

Risky solution?

This might be risky, BUT...

Have you guys thought of putting a Temporary Hold at the local post office? They will hold your mail and then just ask someone to check periodically for you. Best option really would be to maintain the old residence till you get your green card.