Address Change/ AR-11

bashar82

Registered Users (C)
I had a change of address back in June. My new address was updated by the officer himself during my interview. Shortly afterwards, I submitted the AR-11 and sent a letter to the interviewing officer stating that I submitted the AR-11. I also called customer service to ensure my address had been changed in the system...it had. In September I once again checked my address during my infopass appointment...everything was fine. I got a letter dated 10/03/2005 saying that they had recieved my request for a change of address and that I should update my address with the AR-11 form. Has anyone faced such a hassle with updating their address. I kept checking since I don't want any excuse for them to deny my case and they still don't seem to have it right.

Similar issue

I had the a similar case about database updates.

I received my GC (July 2000) through employment and in the US thr' I-485 process. Which means that all processing has occured here in the US. However, my status was not updated in the immigration database that is accessible to the Social Security Admin., Local Immigration Office, and any other agency that has the access to immigration information. They find my status as H-1B which was prior to getting the GC. This was the case even with the immigration customer service in May this year (5 years after GC approval).

At the port of entry when they scan my GC they can locate my information. But not others who needed to know.

When I visited the local office they were stumped. They said hang on to you I-485 approval notice. Anyway, I requested for a new SS Card and after 3 months they granted me a new card. I did not check but they should have updated my information.

Moral of the Story is that they local office has updated your address but the actual N-400 application database or the VSC database might not have been.

You will have to go back to the local immigration office and check again with them if they have updated all the possible dbs and of course take the letter you got.