Address Change AR-11

rblms

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

About myself, My status is AOS but i am working on H1. My current H1 expired on Jan31, 2004 and applied for extension 3 months back. i never applied for ead but My wife is working on ead.

my 485 receipt date is April, 2002.

I have a question about address change notification.

I moved to new address around 18 months back and till now i have not reported address change to uscis. somehow i didn;t realize that one must notify uscis about address change within 10 days.

My question is:
1.) Can i notify my address change to uscis now by filing ar-11? Is there any problem in notifying so late?
2.) I should file two ar-11 one for myself and one for my wife. ?
3.) There is one field in ar-11, "IF NOT A PERMANENT
RESIDENT, MY STAY IN THE U.S. EXPIRES ON. Date". Myh1 expired on jan31,2004. Also i am under AOS. So what date should i write here ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks Again

About myself, my status is AOS but I am working on H1. My current H1 expired on Jan31, 2004 and applied for extension 3 months back.
------ As you have applied H1 extension and never used EAD your status is H1 and AOS you are still on H1 status and that is good
I never applied for ead but My wife is working on ead.
------ No problem if you have not applied EAD, but if I am in your situation I will apply for EAD and will keep valid EAD with me because if any lay off then I can use EAD. If wife (dependent spouse) is using EAD it does not change your H1 status but she is not on H4 status and will need AP approved in US before departure from US and should be back to US before AP expires or should get H4 visa stamp based on your H1 status and can enter on H4 status if she wants to be on H4 status again
my 485 receipt date is April, 2002.

I have a question about address change notification.

I moved to new address around 18 months back and till now I have not reported address change to uscis. somehow i didn;t realize that one must notify uscis about address change within 10 days.
-------------- That is big mistake
My question is:
1.) Can i notify my address change to uscis now by filing ar-11? Is there any problem in notifying so late?

File the AR11 for you and for your wife it is not sent to USCIS it is mailed to different address.
2.) I should file two ar-11 one for myself and one for my wife. ?
--------- One AR11 for you and other for your wife
3.) There is one field in ar-11, "IF NOT A PERMANENT
RESIDENT, MY STAY IN THE U.S. EXPIRES ON. Date". My h1 expired on jan31,2004. Also I am under AOS. So what date should i write here?
------- Write” Please read the attached SHEET A and on SHEET A write that you I-485 is pending and you are on H1b status and your H1b extension also filed and attach the copy of I-485 filing receipt and H1 extension filing receipt . your wife should also attach the sheet A and write her I-485 is filed and pending attach her I-485 copy of receipt, you have to Sign the sheet A and your wife has to sign the Sheet A don’t write the date on sheet

***** You both should take out your I-485 receipts and talk to NCSC on 1-800-375-5283, provide the all pending receipt # or petition # and update them about your new address, you have to provide your A# ( that is on your I-485 receipts) and your I-485 #, Name, DOB
**** You both should write letters to your service center to change the address on pending I-485, provide the copy of I-485 receipt, write your name, A#, DOB, past address, NEW address and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Kind Attention: Change of Address and send the letters to your service center with certified return receipts

** when you or your spouse send application for EAD or new EAD or AP write your present address on Forms

Thanks for the reply.

1. In AR-11 form there is one field which ask for 'A' number (number from alien card). what is alien card, what number i have to put there.

2. Also, there is one field "I am in united states as: visitor or student or permanent resident or other(specify in case of other)" so what should i write for myself and for my wife. My status is AOS and i am working on H1 and my wife is working on EAD?

Thanks again

1. In AR-11 form there is one field which ask for 'A' number (number from alien card). what is alien card, what number i have to put there.
----- Check your I-485 filing reciept it has A# on right side

2. Also, there is one field "I am in united states as: visitor or student or permanent resident or other(specify in case of other)" so what should i write for myself and for my wife. My status is AOS and i am working on H1 and my wife is working on EAD?

YOU: I-485 pending and H1B status
your wife: AOS pending or I-485 pending