Address Change after Stamping ( From Vermont to Texas Service centre )

Kannancr

Registered Users (C)
Hi
  I got my Passport stamping on Aug 6th and got a new project thru my company to Texas. But currently my GC is based on Vermont. Can I call them and change my address so that they will send plastic cards to there. Is it Ok to change Service centres now without a problem.

Akshaya Kannan

Hi Kannancr

I came to know that you changed the palce after filing GC.

Could you please help me out.

I filed my I-485 in may, VSC, living in boston area, got receipt, AP by Aug 1st. I am waiting for EAD and FP. Now my company asking me to go to North Carolina, which comes under Texas centre.

My question is,
1. If I have to move Do I have to inform VSC about the change of address.

2. If not can I give my friends address(local address).
In this case where I have to do my FP. I mean I have to come to Boston to do FP.

Please help me on this.

Thnaking ou in advance

Answer for above

There are two things which you can do

1. Dont change address with INS. Give change of address to post office for you and your wife ( most important to give for ur wife also ). INS sends copy of FP/Approval to you in old address which gets forwarded. Anyway lawyer gets original FP/Approval which will sent to you. But all this FP/Passport stamping after approval goes to Boston only. After stamping call INS and tell your current address since they send plastic cards there only.

Note : I did this only and planning to update my address now.

2. Give your friend address if he lives there for long time. If you give your friend address which is in vermont area mostly they will ask you to go for FP/Stamping in boston only where you filed 485. But some people posted in this forum they went to nearby INS and did FP/Passport stamping since they are in Vermont area only.

The first one is bit tensed but I dont have a friend who lives in East for long time but looks ok since mails get forwarded and lawyer gets original.

Akshaya Kannan

If you have completed the stamping... you are home free. You can change your address anytime, anywh

The only caveat is that will INS send you the Green Cards to the new address. In some cases in the past, even though people have mentioned a change in address, INS being so lethargic has sent the approval notices etc., to the previous address. But forwarding your mail via the post office and also changing the address with the INS should solve the problem.

Hope this helps...

Does Post Office forward green cards(physical cards)!

Lot of times this envelopes have don\'t forward....
Sure the physical cards will get forwarded....

iam probably going to be in same position ..in a month if my GC Gets approved as I am moving from NJ to Charlotte, NC

Thankyou very much for your advice

Hi Akshaya Kannan

Thanks once again. Thats a great help for me.