Address change after oath ceremony

rajtheking

Hi,I have my oath ceremony on July 7th.
I wanted to know how soon after the oath ceremony can we change our address.Immediately or after applying for and getting a passport?The reason for this is I want to apply K1 visa for my fiancee in India through the chennai consulate.
And the state I live in, New Mexico ,comes under the Texas service center.The processing times for Texas service center for K1 visa is now 9 months.Whereas from the Vermont center it is only 1.5 months.So, I could move to NewYork and then apply from there.[Newyork is under the Vermont center]
So will this be a problem.Do I have to inform the USCIS and social security dept of this adress change?Is there a minimum wait time after changing an address that you can apply?
Your help would be appreciated.This site was so useful when I applied for n400 and also at the citizenship interview.Thanks guys.

You are a free man after oath. Moving isn't a problem at all, you don't even need to report to the INS.

By the way, you said that you were confused by your interview result. How come you have a set date for oath that quick? Did you just receive a letter just now?

Thanks Martin for your reply.After the interview the INS officer said that the next oath ceremony would be on July 7th and that I would receive a letter for that in 2 months.While leaving I again asked him to confirm and he said that I would be getting the oath letter in 2 weeks time.So I am hopeful.
Also one more query.Can I apply the passport in Mew Mexico and then move to Newyork or do I apply it in Newyork itself?Thanks.

rajtheking said:
Thanks Martin for your reply.After the interview the INS officer said that the next oath ceremony would be on July 7th and that I would receive a letter for that in 2 months.While leaving I again asked him to confirm and he said that I would be getting the oath letter in 2 weeks time.So I am hopeful.
Also one more query.Can I apply the passport in Mew Mexico and then move to Newyork or do I apply it in Newyork itself?Thanks.

you can apply your passport anywhere you want to.

rajtheking said:

It is all up to you. The main thing is your citizenship cert. Passport can be applied from any State. :)