Address change after Filing for Citizenship

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
I am likely to change the address in the middle of Citizenship process from one District Office to another. What to do?

They will delay your interview until you complete 3 months of residence in the new area. If you happen to get interviewed before the 3 months are up, they will schedule another interview for a date after you complete the 3 months.

3 Month Rule

Question is, why there is a 3 months rule when you have been a Permanent Residnet in US and staying for last 5 years as a Green Card holder?

I have been in Atlanta for more than 5 years after GC and have been working/communting to Iowa for a year on a project. I maintain a permanent house in Atlanta and an apartment on lease in Iowa.

Question is, why there is a 3 months rule when you have been a Permanent Residnet in US and staying for last 5 years as a Green Card holder?
I think they don't want people to be district-shopping, applying here or there because they feel a particular location is faster or more lenient, resulting in some places getting flooded with applications based on whatever is popular with the word on the street.

Jackolantern, people cannot choose the DO as they have to show residency in the state where they belong to.

Jackolantern, people cannot choose the DO as they have to show residency in the state where they belong to.

The point is that if the 3 month requirement wasn't there, people could easily claim they are a resident of anywhere. Rent an apartment in Texas today, tomorrow you are a Texas resident!

Number of Times Visit to USCIS Office?

After filing for Citizenship, I think at a minimum I need to travel to USCIS three times,

1. Finger Printing (at ASC)
2. Interview
3. Oath

Unless there may be any other reason. Please state if I miss any.