Address change after becoming green card holder

uk_gc

Registered Users (C)
After entering the US as an immigrant, I understand we need to report every time we move. My question is - do I need to report EVERY physical move? I imagine I will at first be at some hotel (say a week) then some temporary housing for a month, then finally a rented apartment which I will stay a while. So does this mean that I have to report my hotel as my address when I enter the US, then file a change of address when I move to temporary housing for a month, and then finally file another one when I rent an apt. Is this right? Sorry if this may sound silly but wanted to know if everyone is reporting such moves as it sounds we should.

After entering the US as an immigrant, I understand we need to report every time we move. My question is - do I need to report EVERY physical move? I imagine I will at first be at some hotel (say a week) then some temporary housing for a month, then finally a rented apartment which I will stay a while. So does this mean that I have to report my hotel as my address when I enter the US, then file a change of address when I move to temporary housing for a month, and then finally file another one when I rent an apt. Is this right? Sorry if this may sound silly but wanted to know if everyone is reporting such moves as it sounds we should.

I believe the AR-11 form (change of address form to USCIS) has a section to specify if the address is "temporary" in nature. I don't think one needs to inform stays at a hotel though.