Address chage conf from BCIS :How long does it take

tk_tk

Registered Users (C)
to get the address change confirmation from BCIS?

Desi4GC: DId you send AR-11 or/and called BCIS 1-800# to update the new address?

Please reply...

Did both

Sent AR 11 for myself and my wife and spoke to INS over phone. But the letter confirmed address change only for myself with 485 WAC info. Have sent another seperate address change request for my wife last week (09/10), not received any confirmation from USCIS/BCIS yet. Hope it is in the mail today.

I sent the change of address AR-11 and a letter statement three months ago. Called BCIS two month ago, was told I should receive the confirmation in the mail in 30 days. But I have not receive anything.

Two weeks ago, I called BCIS to do an inquiry on my case, the officer told me my new address was in their computer.

Should I worry about not receiving the confirmation or just let it be? Please advice.

--------------------------------------------------
WAC02-046

a couple of months ago, i called the national number to change my address for my pending 485. i got the confirmation from CSC in 4 weeks as they said. of course, i had seperately filed AR-11.

Refer to this thread for further details on AR-11 and address change.

Summary:
1. AR-11 form submission WILL NOT result in a confirmation being sent back to you. Instead you will need to attach return receipt and certificate of mailing for your records.
2. AR-11 is different from changing address on record for AOS!