Address Cahnge & FP

immi_09

Registered Users (C)
Address Change & FP

Hi,
I'm waiting for my FP. I recently changed my address and my lawyer said she updated the USCIS with my address. SHould the address change be changing the LUD on my 485?

I'm a bit worried as the Last updated date (LUD) is same old date and I might receive my first FP notice any time. I'm woried itmight go to old address.
Should I call USCIS customer service to confirm the address change on my 485? SHould the LUD change after address change?

thanks for ur responses

1-140/1-485 RD (Aug 2003)
1-140 AD (July 2004)
1st FP waiting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw my 485 LUD updated today. I'm not sure if it was address change or FP notice I'm going to get. Hope it's my 1st FP notice. did any one's LUD changed just before getting1st FP?

I-140/I-485 RD 8/2003

Besides calling, is there also a fax number for change of address? I have just moved like yourself and also waiting for FP notice.

Thanks.

change of address

You can call the USCIS and inform them about the change of address and the pending 485. In addition you must also fill the AR-11, change of address form. It is mandatory. Hope this is of help.

Address Change & FP

Hi,

Yes there is an update when you change the address. It says "On Month N, YYYY we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If 30 days have passed and ....." I received this when I updated my address. As far as FP notice concerns, if it goes to the old address it will bounce back to the CIS with a yellow sticker noting your current address on it. Then the CIS will remail it to you in your current address. Nothing to wory about.

BTW, I think FP notices will go to lawyer & the applicant, so even if we move we need not worry.

hi we also moved recently. since i put the address change with Post office, they redirected my FP notices to my new address.

so don't worry about FP notice going back to CIS if you had done the address change with post office.