ADDITIONAL REVIEW on my case??

Jone

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I called Uscis to complain about the delay of my I485 application. I applied in 07\05 but now they are processing 02\06. The person on phone told me my name check is clear and there is already a letter on the way saying "THEY ARE ACTIVELY PROCESSING THIS CASE...HOWEVER THEY HAVE TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON THE CASE AND THIS HAS CAUSED A LONGER PROCESSING TIME..AND THAT IF I DONT RECIEVE A DECISION OR OTHER NOTICE OF ACTION FROM THEM WITHIN 6 MONTHS TO CALL THEM". My questions are:

1) What does additional review mean
2) Is there any thing i can to fasten up this process.

Thanks
Jone

Hi all,
I called Uscis to complain about the delay of my I485 application. I applied in 07\05 but now they are processing 02\06. The person on phone told me my name check is clear and there is already a letter on the way saying "THEY ARE ACTIVELY PROCESSING THIS CASE...HOWEVER THEY HAVE TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON THE CASE AND THIS HAS CAUSED A LONGER PROCESSING TIME..AND THAT IF I DONT RECIEVE A DECISION OR OTHER NOTICE OF ACTION FROM THEM WITHIN 6 MONTHS TO CALL THEM". My questions are:

1) What does additional review mean
2) Is there any thing i can to fasten up this process.

Thanks
Jone

Jone, I hate to say this but calling USCIS you'll hear different stories everytime you call. I really had very bitter experience calling USCIS.
If you want to speed up your processing please write a letter to your senator & seek help. This helped me a lot.
Good luck.
Atique.

atique rahman thanks,

I think those six months waiting is to keep us quite for another extended period but deep inside i am suspecting to get another reason to extend the waiting after those period. Six months is a very long time wait without any clue. Especially, if one believes nothing new come out of this waiting. Right now, i am thinking about all the options I have get out of this senseless waiting. Neither I nor the IO, I spoke on the phone, knows the extract reason of the wait other than "Addition review". May be I have to use InfoPass to get some more incite, consult immigration lawyers or even write the senator as atique rahman suggest. Please share your view or exprience.

Thanks

Jone

Last edited by a moderator:
my case has been pending since 09/2005

Hi ,

my case has been pending since September 2005 and I was told that my name check is not clear yet ( as of yesterday phone call). It is utter nonsense this whole waiting thing. I keep calling and e-mailing Texas service center just to remind them that I am keeping track of everything and that way they don't just ignore or forget about me. Good luck and keep us posted.

its normal

i had the same situation. same letter but i think after 2-3 week i was approved. i think this is just to make us feel that something has to be done or worked on while the truth may be the officer's (working on your case) mismanagement or any other reason and until you inquired about your case it was forgotten evenif everything was okay with your case.
i hope you will get new message (mail or email )

ronis

Thanks for the very comforting post and for sharing your experience. I will keep my hope alive. Thanks again

bakeral
Sorry to hear that, I think the process is a bit indeterministic. I think it need a little bit of luck too. Anyway, keep your hope alive. I will let you know the progress from my side. Wish you good luck too.

Jone

Thank you

I wish you good luck as well...In my case...being from a middle eastern country triggers too much drama for uscis..not all of us are terrorists, uscis thinks that way though....excuse my arabic..and take care and keep us all posted:D

I don't know who on earth says this things about name check completed or not????
In fact those who pick up the phone in Customer SErvice know nothing more than we do. If you by any chance can persuade him or her to transfer your call to the Immigration officer, which is really hard, then more or less you can hear something valuable. Otherwise it is just wasting of time. :rolleyes:

you can speak to an immigration officer..but it is rare that you can get through

when you call the toll free ucsis number you sometimes get a customer service representative, which is useless because those people do not have access to your application. I personally and very luckily got to speak to an immigration information officer and was told that my case is pending Fbi background check. It all depends on the immigration officer and if they really want to tell you everything they know about your particular case. Some immigration officers will not say much and some are nice enough to be honest I guess. you can also find details about your case via infopass and request that you speak to an immigration officer at a uscis office. Again, if the officer is nice enough and they want to tell you what is going on, some will and others can't be bothered. That's how I know why my I-485 is pending since 09/2005.