Additional Processing

network22

Registered Users (C)
My father had the IV interview last week. Interview went well. But at the end, the officer said that they have to do "additional processing" and they confirmed his telephone number and kept his passport. The officer said that my father does not have to do any thing, they will contact him when "additional processing" is complete.

Anybody has any idea what this means? And how long it will take?
THis is in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

@VisaNutz...No my father has never been to U.S. They mostly asked questions from the Immigrant visa application which any legitimate father can answer..e.g.
1. What is your son's name.
2. When did you son first go to U.S and what visa.
3. Is he married? If so, what is his wife's name.
4. Any children?
5. Do you have any picture with him.
6. What does you son do.

Thanks.

My father's first name is Muhammad. I don't if this "additional processing" has any thing to do with his name?

They are running a name check against him. Nothing to worry about. Just for the record, my father cannot answer #6 correctly in my case :)

@VisaNutz...No my father has never been to U.S. They mostly asked questions from the Immigrant visa application which any legitimate father can answer..e.g.
1. What is your son's name.
2. When did you son first go to U.S and what visa.
3. Is he married? If so, what is his wife's name.
4. Any children?
5. Do you have any picture with him.
6. What does you son do.

Actually, pretty much all male applicants (immigrant and non-immigrant) from Bangladesh go through this background check. One positive note from this is your father's application is all good, meaning as soon as the Embassy gets the security clearance, your father will be called in to pick up the passport with Immigrant Visa.

Btw, what's your timeline? I mean when did NVC complete the case and when was it forwarded to the embassy? The reason I am asking this is I also applied for my father and we are waiting for NVC to complete the case.

Is it possible to get the passport back for international traveling previously planned to other country while they are performing the Administrative Processing since it may take weeks to months for AP to complete? Any comments?

I don't think you can. You could speak to the embassy about it though.

Anyway, can you post your timeline?

I am surprised they actually kept the passport. It is not needed for the name check. I would take that as a good sign. Perhaps the consulate does not reckon it will take long for the check to complete.

Is it possible to get the passport back for international traveling previously planned to other country while they are performing the Administrative Processing since it may take weeks to months for AP to complete? Any comments?

o man!!!
here it is same...
and same day same embassy...

visa type IR1

and they told me the same...
they kept my passprt

by the way did they give any pink page written 'all original civil document' stapled with the visa size picture inside a plastic bag and the blue optional form 194 written additional processing, well contact u as soon as we get the result?

if u get call from the embassy by this time plzz post...

thanku

dhaka embassy used to take this qs for additional processing...
do u have any idea, what it is for?
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR ADDITIONAL PROCESSING
(PLEASE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN ENGLISH AND ATTACH EXTRA SHEETS IF YOUR ANSWER
REQUIRES MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE)
1. List all your international travel for the past fifteen years by country. Please specify month and year. You can
add additional pages if required.
2. List all passports that you now hold or have previously held since childhood. Please include Passport number and
issue date and place.
3. List all educational institutions you have attended. Please specify degree obtained, month and year.
4. List all occupation you have held. Please specify month and year. If you own a business organization, please list
that also. (Please Note: “Private Service”, “Government Service”, and “Business” are not acceptable answers. More
details are required.
5. List all political, social, charitable or professional organizations to which you have belonged over the past ten
years or more. Indicate how long you have been a member of each organization.
6. List all telephone numbers that you have previously used and also the one/s your are currently using.
7. List all previous residences from the age of sixteen. Please give full address and specify month and year. By
“residence” we mean, any location that you have lived in for 3 months or more.
8. List the names and dates of birth of all of your siblings (brothers/sisters).
9. Have you ever applied for citizenship of any country? If so, which country? Date of request? Status of
application?
10. Height and weight.
I swear and affirm that all the information provided above is true and correct. I also acknowledge that any
misleading or false statement may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry to the United States
of America.
Signature of the applicant: _________________________
Name of the applicant: ____________________________
Name of the principal applicant _____________________
Case Number: ___________________________________

thanku

dhaka embassy used to take this qs for additional processing...
do u have any idea, what it is for?
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR ADDITIONAL PROCESSING
(PLEASE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN ENGLISH AND ATTACH EXTRA SHEETS IF YOUR ANSWER
REQUIRES MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE)
1. List all your international travel for the past fifteen years by country. Please specify month and year. You can
add additional pages if required.
2. List all passports that you now hold or have previously held since childhood. Please include Passport number and
issue date and place.
3. List all educational institutions you have attended. Please specify degree obtained, month and year.
4. List all occupation you have held. Please specify month and year. If you own a business organization, please list
that also. (Please Note: “Private Service”, “Government Service”, and “Business” are not acceptable answers. More
details are required.
5. List all political, social, charitable or professional organizations to which you have belonged over the past ten
years or more. Indicate how long you have been a member of each organization.
6. List all telephone numbers that you have previously used and also the one/s your are currently using.
7. List all previous residences from the age of sixteen. Please give full address and specify month and year. By
“residence” we mean, any location that you have lived in for 3 months or more.
8. List the names and dates of birth of all of your siblings (brothers/sisters).
9. Have you ever applied for citizenship of any country? If so, which country? Date of request? Status of
application?
10. Height and weight.
I swear and affirm that all the information provided above is true and correct. I also acknowledge that any
misleading or false statement may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry to the United States
of America.
Signature of the applicant: _________________________
Name of the applicant: ____________________________
Name of the principal applicant _____________________
Case Number: ___________________________________

Hi Triple citizen & other experts,

The same questions I got with my 2nd letter package.
I need few information from ur side as I'm a dv2010 applicant and got my interview shortly.

2.I cant remembers my earlier mobile nos , so I can only give my current one. Is that create any problem?

3.same case with question no 7.
I was living in a foreign country but I cannot remember the address of my residences and the time duration perfectly. In some cases I can remember some address but I confused about the period of my stay over that address.
So what should I mention in the answer of question 7.
another thing is , Police certificate is not available from the country in which I was living. So is that good for me or that could go against me? is there any chance they could go there and check it?

all the best.
thanks & cheers.

A2: Should not matter really
A3: Approximations are fine. Try to give them as much details as you remember. With regards to PCs, if they are not availble, then state so. The consulate will know if they are indeed not available.

2.I cant remembers my earlier mobile nos , so I can only give my current one. Is that create any problem?

3.same case with question no 7.
I was living in a foreign country but I cannot remember the address of my residences and the time duration perfectly. In some cases I can remember some address but I confused about the period of my stay over that address.
So what should I mention in the answer of question 7.
another thing is , Police certificate is not available from the country in which I was living. So is that good for me or that could go against me? is there any chance they could go there and check it?

A2: Should not matter really
A3: Approximations are fine. Try to give them as much details as you remember. With regards to PCs, if they are not availble, then state so. The consulate will know if they are indeed not available.

Many many thanks Bro.

About A3,
should I write as much as I can remember and after that should I mention that the given information is based on approximation and I'm not 100% sure about that.

or . Only I should just write as much as I can remember, No need to mention anything else?

And at the time of my interview should I tell the CO that I'm not pretty sure about the address and the duration of stay or I should not talk about that at all.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mention in a cover letter than these are approximations. At the interview, if asked, then mention the approximation part again.

And at the time of my interview should I tell the CO that I'm not I'm not pretty sure about the address and the duration of stay or I should not talk about that at all.

does there any difference btw non immigrant AP and Immigrant AP.
i heard that NIV AP solve slight quickly....
in Bangladesh, NIV AP case status can check online...here i can see there is almost 160-170 pending case and 40 cases solved within last 7days...
unfortunately no online checking for IV AP