Additional forms needed for co-sponsor?

HopefulnND

Registered Users (C)
:eek:

Good day,
Well, I had a lawyer and needless to say as they kept asking us for the same information we provided either my lawyer or his assistant, we weren't able to get the forms together. Then they said I misreprensented my own earnings as well as child support that I was/have been receiving. I've been completely honest and up front about everything.

Now to avoid any type of misunderstanding, I've dropped them, thus my retainer fee also. :mad:

And now have a co-sponsor in case anyone misunderstands my earnings again. But now as I am going alone on the documentation process, I need to know the forms my co-sponsor will need to fill out. Also as a co-sponsor am I needing to send a second set of forms for him with my payment of $350 and another set with the $1050 checks?

I don't have those states either. I believe right now, as we live in ND, one set goes to Chicago and another to Bloomington MN? Can someone please help me? We are running out of time on his physical exam which was done in Feb 2010.

Thanks a bunch.

Haven't seen a response and really need some help/advice.
While going over the documentation, am I required to also submit another $1000 for the co-sponsor paperwork or not?
What additional forms are needed for a co-sponsor?

Please help.

Will anyone help? Please?

Here is the background info.
I'm the USC, female spouse to immigrant from PI.
My income totaling per year is gross: $36545
According to guidelines on I_864P this is perfectly fine for a family of 4 (including my husband/immigrant)
So why did my lawyer say I needed to file a joint/co sponsor?

I printed out the I-864A, it's the only one I can find. In the What is a Sponsor it says, " ...or another person accepting joint and several liability with the sponsor.."
However when looking at the form, page 1, part 1 #8, relationship to sponsor.. would need to be C. But it says.. "I am the sponsor's household member. I am related to the sponsor as his/her.." last selection says "other dependent (specify)". The co-sponsor is a close friend, God Father to my daughter. I don't want to fill this form out wrong if it is the right one.

Should we be filing out another I-864 for the co-sponsor?

PLEASE someone help me. I don't want my forms returned cause I did them wrong.
Desperate in ND.

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

* Proof of current employment or self employment
* A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.
and you naturliaztion certificate or birth certifice (if born in US) unexpired passport.

You dont pay for this. You need 2 checks only, one for I-485 $1010 and I-130 $355 . Read all the instructions for each of the forms carefully. Any you will send the entire package in one envelope to:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn, 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517