Additional evidence for I485?

xwzhang75

Registered Users (C)
From USCIS website, I found that they are sending us a notice to ask for additional evidence from my wife's I485. Do you know what kind of evidence is usually required?

Information about our case:
Center: TSC.
My I-140 was approved in 2003, and I submitted I-485 for my wife and myself on November 2003. Shortly after that, TSC asked us to send the I140 approval for my wife's application. Actually, we have submitted it with our I485, anyway, we still sent them another copy since they were asking for it. Then, almost two years later, they are asking for more evidence. I really don't know what kind of evidence it should be.

Legal Status

xwzhang75,

Although the RFE can be for a number of things, it is most likely for legal status. To prove legal status all you have to do is provide them with copies of certain paperwork that will prove your wifes legal status during her entire stay in the US. It is not a big deal so do not worry to much about it. Just make sure to reply to the RFE properly and in a timely manner.

As I said earlier my guess is that is for legal status. It could also be for immunization records, birth cert or some other missing document.

Good luck.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
xwzhang75 said:
From USCIS website, I found that they are sending us a notice to ask for additional evidence from my wife's I485. Do you know what kind of evidence is usually required?

My I-140 was approved in 2003, and I submitted I-485 for my wife and myself on November 2003. Shortly after that, TSC asked us to send the I140 approval for my wife's application. Actually, we have submitted it with our I485, anyway, we still sent them another copy since they were asking for it. Then, almost two years later, they are asking for more evidence. I really don't know what kind of evidence it should be.

Please check out my signature. It seems that TSC is finishing up the 2003 cases. Your RFE will most likely be your legal status evidence. Good luck.

Its about time

ptgc said:
Please check out my signature. It seems that TSC is finishing up the 2003 cases. Your RFE will most likely be your legal status evidence. Good luck.

ptgc,

Since the official 485 processing date is now July 04, its high time the TSC finished of the unfortunate 03 cases that did not get approved. Good luck to all.

saras

xwzhang75 said:

You have 2003 case? If I were you, I would have already faxed an inquiry. The TSC must have made a mess of it.

I havn't received it

I haven't received the REF after 14 days' waiting. I called the 800 number and let them send me a copy. At the beginning, the lady on the phone was not willing to do that. She asked me to wait for another 3 weeks. Fortunately, I convert her to send me a copy after I "begged" her for a few minutes. But she asked me not to call again in 3 weeks even if I still can't receive the letter.