Additional document required in consulate interview

raj_jais

Hello folks,

I have my GC being processed thru consular processing in Employer sponsored category. My VISA interview was on 4th Feb 2010 at New delhi embassy. I had all the documents but the consular officer mentioned that I also need current Job letter my current employer. So he has put my case on hold saying that case is fine, but I need to submit the current Job letter. He has given me a while paper saying that I would need to submit the current job letter. This can be submitted to one of the VFS centre in India (Delhi, Chandigarh or Jalandhar). Now I have the original offer letter from my employer and I am planning to submit it to Chandigarh VFS thru my employer as I would not be able to go in person. Today when the person went there with my document, VFS folks mentioned that this document needs to be submitted along with passport. I have not told the person that embassy has already retained my passport.
I am just asking in this forum if anybody had any similar experience? Is there a problem if I submit the document in chandigarh instead of delhi and will that cause any delay? After submission of this document how much more time I should expect for embassy to respond and send me VISA along with the passport?
Kindly let me know in case you had any similar experiences.