Adding Wife's name during Passport Renewal

hmmmmm

Registered Users (C)
I apologize for being off-topic. I actually posted this question in some other thread but no one replied, so thought of asking to this energetic group.

I am currently in the process of renewing my Indian passport which is expiring in next few months. This time though I am planning to add my wife's name on my passport.

But my wife who is currently in USA with me has all the documentation with her maiden name (before marriage) including her I485 application. Based on this I have following questions.

1. Can I add my wife's name on my renewed passport with her NEW last name? Will that pose any problems having my wife's NEW name on my passport whereas all her documentation in USA is with her maiden name?

2. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have seen people changing the name once green card is approved.

What do you mean by the NEW last name ? Where did she file the papers to change the name ?

Have a GC maiden name, SSN with married name, passport to be renewed

The Gurus in the area,
I have a question and want to have a good advice.

We are going to India.
Wife's passport is expiring.
GC has maiden name.
SSN has married name.

What name should I get in passport ?

In U.S spouse can keep either maiden or your last name as she like after marriage, and not required to change unless she volunteerly change. and even can go back/fwd to old name.

Many have old pp and they got married later still using old name in pp. and traveling without any issue.

Adding/Including spouse name in your PP won't effect on her identy.
use exactly last name in ticket as in PP. and carry ur marriage certificate.

Most ppl do not touch last names to avoid any confusion with USCIS while pending 485. once process is complete and GC has maiden name you can change it by filing I-90. and then pp and all other docs.

What if GC and pp has maiden name and traveling?

She can travel w/o any issue just use same last name as in pp/GC. and keep marriage certificate if incase.

Whenever u travel, always make all copies of your all immig/INS doc+ pp all pages and keep with u, you never know what they ask. also give one set of copy of all docs here in U.S in case u got issue or lost doc in travel.

It is common understanding that the airlines use/share passenger name/detail/status with agencies. don't panic they would have system to identify becz DOB is same even last name doesn't match immidiately, but other docs do. It is always be wise to keep all docs update that have similar names in ur early preference.

All u need not to panic and always keep carring all ur docs if u are asked to explain.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: