Adding baby in IV application just before CP interview

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife and I are scheduled for our CP interview in Chennai on the 18th. We just recently (two months ago) had a baby. Does anybody know the procedure to add our baby to the IV application? I thought that was not required, but when I sent an enquiry to the consulate, I got a terse reply that the baby needs to be added to the application and that he needs to have a passport at the time of interview (that should not be a problem). Anybody been through this or know anything?

Regards,

-Sudden

Where was your baby born. If india then yes the baby needs to be added. If US then take the babies Birth Certificate. that would do it.

cheers,
Bapa

If your baby was born in the USA, then it is automatically granted US citizenship. Therefore you will not have to apply for a Immigrant visa for your baby.

If your baby was born elsewhere( other than the USA) then you have a more complex case depending on where the baby was born and what citizenship you want the baby to have. Don't know much about this...

HTH.

If your baby was born in US, I would advise to carry his/her American passport with you for the interview.

My son (2 years old) was born in US and we took him along with us for the interview and the Consular officer asked for his passport and luckily we had it.

Good luck

Hi, my baby was born here in India - I've been in India for the last year, while my CP was being processed.

-Sudden

hi

Hi,

You can add your baby details now,Nothing to worry about that,
just email consulate that,you had a baby after sending packet-3 to NVC,I would like to include bay now,and give your case number and your first name and last name.

consulate people will reply you saying that ,pl.send your baby first name ,last name, dob,place of birth.

reply them with your baby details.

They will add your baby name to ur case.

In your interview appointment letter if you didn't find your baby name.Mail them again.Saying that .they have not includede your baby.They will ask for your baby details again and send you a modified interview letter.

The above situation was happened in my case.

before going for interview you have to fill DS-230 part 1 and 2 for your baby.

you can sign for your baby on ds-230 part1 as a father.

when you r going for interview take babay vaccination card with you.you have to do medicals for baby also.

go to dr.vijayalakshmi for medicals.

lab tests are not required for baby.

thanks lakshman

Thanks for the detailed response, Lakshman. I already got my interview appointment letter - I will go ahead and mail my baby's details to the consulate right away.

-Sudden

if the baby is born in US ( i.e. US citizen ), I don't think one needs to have his/her medical .... Right ?

That's right, they don't need to have medical. As a safety measure I'll carry the vaccination report of the baby.
cheers!!
Ranen