Actual process time for I-765 work permit

EY37

Hi all,
I applied for a greencard as well as I-765 on Jan 17. In Feb, INS asked for more info, we sent them more but not what they asked (as what they asked for was irrelevant in the end). They accepted our submission on Feb 22. I have an interview for my greencard scheduled on May 2.
My question relates specifically to the amount of time in takes to process the I-765. I need to travel abroad urgently (I have an advance parole) but cannot travel without knowing when i will receive the work permit.
I would appreciate input from people who filed for the permit to tell me how long it ACTUALLY took them to receive it.
BTW - our case is being handled in MO.
Thanks,
EY

Hi all,
I applied for a greencard as well as I-765 on Jan 17. In Feb, INS asked for more info, we sent them more but not what they asked (as what they asked for was irrelevant in the end). They accepted our submission on Feb 22. I have an interview for my greencard scheduled on May 2.
My question relates specifically to the amount of time in takes to process the I-765. I need to travel abroad urgently (I have an advance parole) but cannot travel without knowing when i will receive the work permit.
I would appreciate input from people who filed for the permit to tell me how long it ACTUALLY took them to receive it.
BTW - our case is being handled in MO.
Thanks,
EY

It takes from 3 weeks to about 7 months. Mine is pending since 01/16/07 in Texas (the fastest center). The point is that when they request for additional information, the clock will start again from 0 after they receive that document or information. There are many threads redarding this under immigrant visa, I-485 issues, EAD and AP in thi sforum you can explore.

Thanks mmed. I will check the threads you mentioned.
In our case though the information they asked for simply doesn't exist. To "make them happy" our lawyer sent other documents just in case that would suffice. Do you think we could try to go to our local office and convince them to "push the clock back" to Jan 17 as their request was unfounded?

Thanks mmed. I will check the threads you mentioned.
In our case though the information they asked for simply doesn't exist. To "make them happy" our lawyer sent other documents just in case that would suffice. Do you think we could try to go to our local office and convince them to "push the clock back" to Jan 17 as their request was unfounded?

Actually requesting RFE is a good sign, mostly a decision will be made after they receive that document by one or two weeks. You can not make Infopass before 90 days after they receive that RFE and forget 1/17, many ignored that and went to Infopass, the officer will not even access your case unless 90 days passed after they receive that RFE.

1. Now I'm confused... are you saying if the received date for RFE is Feb 22 (our attorney was notified of that) - a decision has been made? Is there a way of finding out the status online and where it stands? Have you tried calling the 1-800 number?
2. Our attorney said that you can go to Infopass after 75 days, is that incorrect?

1. Now I'm confused... are you saying if the received date for RFE is Feb 22 (our attorney was notified of that) - a decision has been made? Is there a way of finding out the status online and where it stands? Have you tried calling the 1-800 number?
2. Our attorney said that you can go to Infopass after 75 days, is that incorrect?

1- I am saying if the rec'd date of RFE is 2/22 MOSTLY your case will approved shortly after that (not every case will be approved shortly). But your case, as I understand it, is still pending because if it is approved your lawyer will be informed and you will find the case approved on line go to www.USCIS.gov and on the right side click "my case is pending" and search your status on line by the 13 digit case number starting with three letters as SRC, LIN, EAC ....
2- You can go to Infopass any time, the point is that for I-765 you should wait 90 days (not 75 days), when you schedule Infopass online you will find the option "90 days passed since I filled I-765 .......)