Actual Card after stamping in Newark Anybody Waiting?

GCLOVER

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I stamped my 485 on 8/8/2000 but no card yet.anybody in same boat.What is the logic behind issuing actual plastic cards.
                                                                                                                                      Thanks

No Title

My passport got stamped on 08/02/2000 in St.Albans ,VT which is the local INS office. Still I have not gotten my cards. But I see many guys from this board who are in Virginia ,Phildadelphia and Boston area got their green cards already and they got their stamp in the passport after me. I talked to IIO this morning. She said that the local INS office sent the papers and VSC received yesterday. She said it will take 2-6 weeks to get my actual card. She also said that they will process this type of case as soon as they receive the papers (Finger printed I-89 form while stamping) from the local INS office.
I do not whether this info is correct and she said that no priority is maintained. When I called the local office said a couple of weeks back they said that they will send the papers to VSC the day of stamping in the passport. I do not know why the IIO said they received the papers yesterday though I got my passport stamped on August 2nd 2000. My suggestion is to call INS at VSC and check whether they have your papers. Good luck.