action to 2003 pharmacy problem

dmanosei

Registered Users (C)
hi you sitting there with 2003 fPGEE Problem. you are not alone. Most of us have started taking action. why dont you join. ITS simple. we all have decided to write individual letters to nabp to express our concern. write now. MY Letter is gone already and read as below

HELLO
Permit me to take a few moment of your time. Its all about the requirement change in FPGEE that sidelines all foreign registered pharmacist graduating on or after 2003.

In fact, I would never say that, it was a wrong decision and i believe the Board wanted to meet the standards prescribed. Thats fine.

I WOULD ADVISE THE BOARD THAT AFTER ACHIEVING THE ABOVE, THEY SHOULD TURN THEIR EYES TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PENDULUM. THE OTHER SIDE PORTRAYS LIKE A MASSACRE IN THE WAR FIELD.

Firstly, most of the pharmacy schools here in the united states do not accept our foreign courseworks. If i am right, its about only four that seem to somehow welcome this unfortunate pharmacists, but to tell you, the cost is scarely

secondly, there are no jobs in the pharmaceutical field that are ready to employ us to enable us save towards the PHARM.D because we are not certified in any field here in the united states to practise

Thirdly, its about the frustration and the psychological trauma that we going through because no work is ready to take us, few but expensive schools around are repellant.

we therefore find ourselves in the wilderness in this great nation that everybody respects.
I WOULD THEREFORE ASK IF THE BOARD COULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT EITHER ALLOWING US TO WRITE THE FPGEE SINCE AT THE END OF THE DAY, TTHE BEST CANDIDATES WOULD COME OUT OR ANY SPECIAL PACKAGE THE BOARD CAN DESIGN FOR US.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND I HOPE YOU WOULD DIRECT THIS MESSAGE TO THE APPROPRIATE QUARTERS

dmanosei

Well done dmanosei ................
Thanks for posting a rough draft over here i guess it will be helpful for others.

i am trying to write rough draft to nabp

Hi DM,

i am trying to write a rought draft to NABP.I read your rough draft it seems wonderufull,I was just wodering that the four college you mentioned are in United states,I want to mention the collleges that offer Pharm.D for pharmacist like us in my letter.It would be great if i get ur reply soon so that i can post rough draft on this site.

Hope we get some solution to our problem

pharmacy schools

Hi patel,
I copied the whole thing below from the site i saw it. Tell you, there are still problems with regards to their admissionS. You can also visit the site and learn more; www.aacp.org
go to 'FOR STUDENTS AND APPLICANTS' then Click on FOREIGN STUDENTS

Pharmacy Study in the U.S.
If you have already completed a degree in pharmacy at a foreign institution and wish to pursue a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) in the U.S., you may wish to consider post-B.S. of pharmacy degree programs. The following colleges and schools of pharmacy consider foreign pharmacy graduates for admission into a post-B.S. of pharmacy (non-traditional) Pharm.D. degree program. For specific admission information about these programs, please contact these colleges and schools directly:

Creighton University (Nebraska)
University of Florida
Midwestern University - Chicago
Nova Southeastern University
Ohio State University

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

Important (TO ALL)

Creighton University (Nebraska)
Midwestern University - Chicago
Nova Southeastern University
Ohio State University
I just want to tell you guys that the universities mentioned above do not offer post BS pharm.D program for students who dont have a license in US so again the same no license no work no license no studies................

They offer post BS pharm.D program for foreign graduates who already have a license and want to do pharm.D

Hope this helps and enable all of you to concentrate on one thing and that is contacting NABP in an effective way.........and then the individual state boards....

Hey dmanosei

Hey dmanosei
What about the state boards?
Do you plan to send letters to individual state boards?

state boards

Anee,
Thanks for elaborating on the schools. What you said is perfectly true. Concerning the state board issue, it is a great idea you've brought up.This brings something in mind. I found out that, the requirement change was a collective decision between nabp, aacp and perhaps the state boards. so IF we could fight across all angles that will help. Like you said, contacting the state boards and aacp.
fOLKS, i suggest as Anee said, contacting the state boards in addition to nabp and aacp will make a mile.
what about backing the letters with numerous e-mails expressing our concern to all the bodies involved on time and time basis?