Acs

hi
I have a computer engg degree from the US and have 4 1/2 year in the field. I work on the LAN network and deal with router and switches (CISCO) What are my chances of immigration to Australia? What job code do i use for my field? Please advice
thanksg

hi mat

thanks for the prompt response
how long does the ACS application take
and how long does the app take for immigration when applying in the US
. i am a citizen of india
thanks

No Title

Hi nasdaq04,

For me ACS application took exactly 35 Calander days. I am also in LAN/WAN NT/UNIX sys admin area. I am in the US now , I am also a Indian Citizen. They charged me around 190$(USD).

Once I got that letter from ACS, stating I am suitable I applied for Permanent Residancy in LA Australian Consulate. They charged me $626 USD They take Credit Cards. They do not take Notorised copies, they need original to see. I sent my original through fedex, with return airway bill, within a day they sent my original back. I should say they are very quick.

After Application they sent me Medical Forms, there are two medical exams for each applicant, Physical and X-Ray, For Physical I went to my own doctor, (Any MD in North America can take the test) Also my Doctor directed me to take the chest X-Ray.

Consulates need Police Clearance from each country you stayed for 12months or more during last 10 years. I got Clearance Certifiate from US local police station withing 10 min (payed 5$)
Since My Indian Passport was issued in San Francisco, I had no problems getting PCC from Indian Consulate - SFO. If your passport is not issues here, then it will take 30-45 days to get PCC.

So I mailed them my Sealed Medical Report Forms and Police Clearance Certificate. I am hoping I will get my PR within a month from today.
They say it will take 3 months for the application. They are very quick and responsive, even you can directly call the Immigration Officer.

For your case, I suggest applying with ACS also the PCC.

Hope this will help.
Thanks

No Title

hi
thanks agains.
When you say they need original copies do you mean original copy of the ACS certificate or all the paper submitted degree, passport etc have to be notorised?
I am planning to apply for australian immigration in dec as i am getting married in december so i can add my wife on my application too

My wife has a sister in australia so can i apply as a skilled immigratant and also on family. Please advice.

My wife live in the the UAE for about 7 months in the last 10 year does she need a police certificate from the gulf or does she need one only from india.

After you get immigration can u come back to the US to continue on your h1 visa or do you have to stay there?

thanks for your time. Are u planning on working in australia or coming back to the us

thanks

No Title

The ACS original is must. Also they asked me for all my Education, Birth, marriage originals to see. (They dont need passport original/copies at this stage) Also my wifes Birth Certificate.
Its better if you apply after marriage so that you can include your spouse.
I suggest only apply as Skilled Migration, don\'t apply as family sponsor.
They need Police Clearance if the person stayed more than 12 months in a country during last 10 years. So you don\'t need UAE Police Clearance.
Yes, you can come back to US in your H1.
I have no plans to migrate to Australia, till I have my Job here in US.

Email me at bobby10400@yahoo.com so that we can discuss more, and I can send you the Booklet about Migration to Australia.

Thanks

No Title

one more question
The $626 was for both u and ur wife or was it per applicant.

I understand that u can land in australia and return with no problem to the US and have 5 years to go back. Is there a visa or clearance, permission required to leave australia. Do you have to establish any ties ?. Which part are u planning on migrating to
thanks

US work permit

How many days will it take to get an Employment Authorization Document in Houston Texas? If I am going to request an Interim Employment Authorization how long will it take after I applied for EAD?
Any had the same situation with me please help.
Thanks,
Jay

Mat

hey Mat has the papers come thru yet. Let me know. I was planning on applying to the ACS and was wondering if u could assist me in the job qualification letter the format etc etc. Please let me know

No Title

Consulate asked for my passport, looks like my application is almost through.

What is next? does any one have any idea? how long i will get the visa and how soon i have to go to Australia?

Thanks

certified true copies - please help

Hello,
I need to get my reference letter, birth certificate, passport and marksheets degree signed as " certified true copies" as needed by the ACS for evaluation my computer degree. I live in California United States. No one is notorizing and writing that these are certified true copies of my original. They are telling me to sign and take a oath that these are true copies. Which I can do but my lawyer is saying that he needs ceritifed true copies signed on every document that i send to him for evaluation. What should i do? IWhat is the other alternative for that in United States. I am applying from Australia.

I need to send the document in next two days to Australia from United States. Please help As soon as possible?