• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Acro Police Certificate U. K Please comment on my case

Moni Sos

Hi all. Am a dv2016Af35xxx selectee winner. I lived in the u. K since 2001-2008 .On March 6 2008 immigration caught up with me cause I was working illegally on student visa and I was removed from u. K. Note that I wasn't arrested by police but immigration and I was not sent to court but detention center waiting for removal. While in the u. K I had very clean record, only issue was my visa run out. I have now applied for police certificate from acro, which will be ready on 18th. this month
On Acro site On frequently asked Questions On What Will Show Up On Police Certificate This Is What They State-
What will show up on my Police Certificate?
All convictions, warnings, reprimands and cautions recorded on UK Police Systems. When preparing the Police Certificate, we apply the principles of the ACPO Retention Guidelines for Nominal Records on the Police National Computer, which incorporates the Step Down Model. Please note that Scottish convictions are not subject to the Step Down Model.

Now am worried this might affect my Greencard chance next year. Will the police certificate show I was arrested by immigration, and if it does will this affect getting Greencard.
Please comment friends on my situation.

Check this case out. it was in a different forum, but I hope Brit Simons comment on this.

"I am originally from Pakistan, I was living in UK on student visa tier 4 and wasn't allowed to work on my visa.

I had 16 months of visa left on my passport when I got caught by UKBA while working illegally, I am extremely ashamed for committing this massive mistake for which I apologize, now I shall get bk to the point. My father is a US citizen, he filed my green card petition under category F1 in 2011, it can normally take 4 years for my number to become current, I am 26 years old single man, my question is that will my past deportation affect my ability to join my family in USA?

Will it be a mark against me? Will i be asked about that in interview?"

This the response

No it won't. I was deported from UK on the same charges as you were. Working on student visa which wasn't allowed and I got a US visa. Your deportation doesn't effect that case but they do ask for police clearance certificates from other countries where you have lived, which in this case is the UK and if you don't have any criminal charges then you are fine. Same happens to me and I got police certificate from the UK now I am in the USA and holding green card, too.

http://expatriates.stackexchange.co...uk-affect-my-ability-to-join-my-family-in-usa

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all criminal convictions will cause USA immigration ineligibility. The crimes that do are termed crimes of moral turpitude (CIMT). Immigration related crimes, even if convicted of a crime, do not normally count as CIMT, although there is a higher level of immigration crime that could cause DQ.

So, yes wait until you get the police report, but don't panic.

Thanks for your response. I emailed Acro yesterday inquiring what will show up in the police certificate and below was their response -
it's only a few days to go so I will let you know the results. Am keeping my fingers crossed all will be okay.

Thank you for your further e-mail

With regard to your second question, we are unable to answer this as it would depend on what action the Immigration Service took at the time, something we have no way of knowing.

Your application is in the final stages of processing and should be posted out to you on or before 18/06/15 - if once you have received it you wish to discuss its content further then please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details below

Our office opening hours are 08:30-23:00 Monday to Friday.
Kind Regards,

Stef.
Customer Services Advisor

ACRO Criminal Records Office (ACRO)

One thing you can be thankful for is that the U.S. only cares about immigration violations if they happened in the U.S. Other countries (like the UK) will take into account any such violations no matter which country they took place in. So as this isn't a CIMT, even if it shows up on your record you should hopefully be ok.

One thing you can be thankful for is that the U.S. only cares about immigration violations if they happened in the U.S. Other countries (like the UK) will take into account any such violations no matter which country they took place in. So as this isn't a CIMT, even if it shows up on your record you should hopefully be ok.
Hi dear,
thanks for your response. I want your advice on this issue. The country am now residing at I will apply police certificate next year Jan cause am dv2016Af35xxx. Now my police certificate from u. K will be sent next week and when I get it I will let you know what's written.
My question is "might I have applied for u.k police certificate to early. Now considering I left there 2008 will the embassy tell me when I present it next year it's not valid, and also consider even if I apply for it next year what's written will be exactly the same with the certificate I will get now.
Please enlighten me on this issue., if country you are not residing in when you apply for police certificate to early and present it next year, they might say it's not valid.
Check this question below. I copied it from acro website.
How long is my Police Certificate valid for?

There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid. The Police Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies, high commissions, consulates or other authorities will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi dear,
thanks for your response. I want your advice on this issue. The country am now residing at I will apply police certificate next year Jan cause am dv2016Af35xxx. Now my police certificate from u. K will be sent next week and when I get it I will let you know what's written.
My question is "might I have applied for u.k police certificate to early. Now considering I left there 2008 will the embassy tell me when I present it next year it's not valid, and also consider even if I apply for it next year what's written will be exactly the same with the certificate I will get now.
Please enlighten me on this issue., if country you are not residing in when you apply for police certificate to early and present it next year, they might say it's not valid.
Check this question below. I copied it from acro website.
How long is my Police Certificate valid for?

There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid. The Police Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies, high commissions, consulates or other authorities will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.

Thanking you in advance.

I think the last line of what you quoted answers your question...

I received my certificate today from acro, and my record is clean " No Trace Found" so deportation doesn't count as crime. Although next year I will reapply again when am a few months almost current, certificate validity 6 months. Af35xxx.
I would like to thank you all for your participation

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1434509264622.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1434509264622.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 55
Thank you but I am not sure if I should declare it on question inDS 260:
  • Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?
as I answered: No....

Speeding fines, generally, are considered summary offences. So long as you pay the fine, they don't go on your criminal record because, by paying a fine, you avoid the conviction.

Now, if you didn't pay the fine, went to court or there were other circumstances surrounding the fine (like a DUI), then you would have to declare it.

From the US Visas website: https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

From the US Visas website: https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

I'm not sure why you are cross posting this information - please don't.

Because it is mentioned somewhere in this thread that its validity is 6 months.

Police certificate validity varies by country. But again - the information you cross posted (on this thread and another) is part of the standard instructions. There is no need to post it.