AC21 when SKILLS are different

phildis

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I want to use AC21. But the job I want to switch over to uses skills that are very different from the skills that I have in my LC. What are my chances?

My GC was sponsored for a future job. I want to switch my GC to my current employer. And I use different skill sets to perform my current job (mainframe skills in my LC, but now I'm working on client-server). My current employer is ready to process GC only now. That's why I took up the AC21 issue. My current employer will be willing to state only the facts and so there is no chance of any co-operation from them. I expect them to ask me abandon the other GC and start the new GC process with them. If I can't use AC21, do I have any other option to make my GC with my curent employer faster?.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
AC21 is taking your GC from sponsoring employer to new employer. The new employer should give suitable EVL. The new job should be similar. BCIS looks at 'similar' in a broad sense. So if the skill set is very different and your new employer is not willing to co-operate- then it may not be a viable job for your GC/AC21.
HTH

Hi,
This is what my attorney & my curent employer attorney (I used AC 21) told me :

* Higher Salary is OK.
* Job Title can be different but Skill Set MUST match LC.

I feel it would be safe to have same job tile atleast in EVL.

phildis said:
Guys,

I want to use AC21. But the job I want to switch over to uses skills that are very different from the skills that I have in my LC. What are my chances?
--------- it is best to have same Job Title and same Skill Set as on approved LC on your AC21 company job offer letter, If the new Employer does not want to write the same, better search other employer becase USCIS may also ask company ability to pay documents from new employer and he may not give you. clear everything before jumping
My GC was sponsored for a future job. I want to switch my GC to my current employer. And I use different skill sets to perform my current job (mainframe skills in my LC, but now I'm working on client-server). My current employer is ready to process GC only now. That's why I took up the AC21 issue.
----- if New employer is ready to do GC from first step why you want to waiste the time, you are eligible to use AC 21, it will be foolish to start New GC through new employer, ask him to give you New Employer letter with same job title and same skills as GC is for future permanent job after I-485 approval.

My current employer will be willing to state only the facts and so there is no chance of any co-operation from them.
---dont go with him
I expect them to ask me abandon the other GC and start the new GC
------dont abandon the the pending I-485
process with them.
If I can't use AC21, do I have any other option to make my GC with my curent employer faster?.
------ NO, start from filing LC and then wait for 3-4 years, If I am in your situation I will NOT go with this employer if he is not ready to give me correct letter to use AC21, I will find any other employer and will NOTabandon the pending I-485
Thanks in advance.