AC21 - Waiting for approval after interview

kitkatshree

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Anybody done this? Changed jobs while waiting for approval after interview. Its been 2 months since my interview. No end in sight. Any known repurcussions invoking AC21 at this point. For all practical purposes, my 485 is not approved yet.

THanks,

Do you know what the officer is waiting for? It really depends on this.

Theoretically, if you've already passed the interview, then the officer probably already has all the evidence he needs to approve you as far as your employment is concerned. He's probably just waiting for a name check result to come back from the FBI.

Nope no visa number. not affected by retrogression. i was told by the officer during my infopass appointment that the system shows that all checks are cleared. so no idea really on what the hold up is? Even if she is verifying on the company, it shouldn't take so long. How is she doing it? Plus no one in the company has received any letter to that effect. But the question is whether or not I can invoke AC21

Happened to me...

kitkatshree,

That thing happened to me. I was interviewed on Oct. 14, 2004 i was told to follow-up 4-6 weeks after interview. Went to LA office to inquire on December 21, 2004. I was told by the immigration officer that I should follow-up 180 days after the interview. I called the customer service number and told them that I was interviewed in October and their system has not updated and ask how long it will take to process my case...answer was 2-4 months. Anyways, on Dec. 22, 2004 I got an approval letter (not the welcome notice) from LA office saying that my I485 has been approved with a copy of my file stamped APPOVED ( in red) and guess what? APPROVAL date was December 7, 2004. Got Welcome Notice (dated Jan. 10, 2005) on Jan. 14th and got the actual green card on January 17th.
Most likely your case is already approved as long as the immigration officer who interviewed you is satisfied with what you answered, got your finger print and photo...hang in there...its coming :)