AC21- to tell or not to tell BCIS

mohar11

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer wants me to file a petition to inform BCIS about my job change. That will cost me $800/- at the least. I hear that it is not a necessary to do so - since I am going to get an RFE anyway. what to do ?:confused:

I agree and disagree
why should do:

as per the AC21 guidlines memo INS seems to expect this info from petitioner. And there is no harm in sending that.

why should not do:

In most of the cases when this information is send it will / might generate an RFE / transfer etc and that is also not a problem but that will increase the time on your application and the AC21 was made to give some relief to the petitioner from the pain caused by already existing back log
...... So I agree because in case you are going to have RFE anyway why you should do double work.....

anyway you are going to spend that $800 to notify about your intent to use ac21 later when you get rfe. in that case why cant you do it right now with all proper supporting documents. atleast this will give you peace of mind and bcis will not question about why you did not inform them (dont really know whether they will ask) and they might not suspect anything bad that atleast you kept them informed about you in everyway.

my suggestion its better notify with all supporting documents. if you worry about that your case will be transferred to local service center then its still not worth the argument as there is no way of saying definetly that even regular non-ac21 cases might be transferred to local center for unknown reason. who knows your case will be transferred to your local service area which can approve your i485 even faster. dont expect any logic from bcis. they are full of surprises.

its better to follow the rules and be peaceful.