AC21-To inform or not to inform

Jaggy

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends
I know this discussion has been made before but I have changed employers banking on AC21 but have not informed yet. Everybody says that when you send the AC21 letter it may not reach the USCIS and you are sending the letter just to make yourself secure and just for your records if there is a query and another reason to inform USCIS is if in the future you go for citizenship and if your I485 gets approved without any query and you have already joined a new employer then you will be protected against fraud.

But to me the above reasons are really not strong enough compelling reasons to file AC21. I invite people to post their comments. Will really appreciate the same.

I agree with your statement about the reasons not being "solid" enough. However, if it was me, I would be more comfortable to notify USICS about the change of employer.. in case they want to pick on you this is definitely something they could use..

I noticed that the argument is more towards not filing if you are pretty sure of I-140 not getting revoked....like you are working for a big company etc...

but, when working for small consulting companies, it's highly recommnended to notify USCIS - since I-140 cancellation is a possibility - even though no employer cancels rarely...

santa4u,

how can you say big compnaies do not revoke approved 140, do you have exp like that.

Please let me know

Usually cancellation of I-140 are done with the intention of banking on the underlying labor certification so as to lure another prospective employee and make money out of it. One could only image what type of companies would do this and how important it would be for their survival.