Ac21/rfe

samalboss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I485 is pending , and I recently joined new employer(Same job profile). I am wondering should I go ahead and file for AC21 or should I wait for RFE.

Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Thank You

Substitute Labor PD - 06/04/2001
Labor Approved Date - 07/25/2002

I-140/I-485 Filed Date - 11/01/2004
I-140 Approval Date - 05/19/2005
I-485 Code 1 (12/01/04) , code 2 (Aug 05) , Code 1 (01/31/06 - only primary)
I-485 Waiting...

Hey samalboss,
you know your options.
So what are you waiting for? Why to give chance for an RFE?

If I were you, I would not even ask anybody. Just go ahead and do your AC21. :cool:

No need to file AC21, the problem is if you do and if you are required to change the job again, you will have to file one more.Why confuse the people who are already confused as hell....and even if you file, be sure to get a RFE.
So whats the point?Consult your lawyer in any case.

I changed employer using AC 21 last May and I did not send anything yet. However, I have filed EAD renewal thru my new employer and waiting on approval. But I did not send anything for AC21

Actually EAD renewal has nothing to do with Employer or AC21.
Sending AC21 letter is totally different from EAD renewals.

I have changed employers (same/similar occupation) in Sept 2005 (eligible for AC21). Now my lawyer is in the process of obtaining financial details from my new employer to draft AC21 letter. I hope to send the letter by April 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any special forms to file AC21?

Friends,
Are there any forms to send for applying AC21? or just letter and financials from new employer? Anything to wait from USCIS after applying AC21 before join in New company?

Thanks

Since it is not strictly "filing" for AC21 (in the sense there is no USCIS form for AC21), there is no specific format for AC21 letter or a fixed list of supporting docs either.

My lawyer is gathering info like - nu mber of employees, Gross income for 2005 etc.

From the message bourds, I read that sometimes USCIS could send an RFE realted to AC21 to prove the legitimacy of the company, assertain the compnay can pay the salaries etc. In those cases they ask for audited reports, annual reports etc. I think this is what my lawyer is gathering now.

Last edited by a moderator: