AC21 qustion

Rose101

Registered Users (C)
I changed job few months back. Now my PD will be current by June and had 2nd Biometrics this month with code 1, should I send AC21 letter now ? Will it impact the GC approval in any way ? Thanks in advance.

Was there any reason you did not file AC-21 when you changed jobs.

It is better late than being called for interview and asked why you didn't.

Either way do some search on this forum for a thread on AC21 . It is supposed to be fairly detailed.

I changed job few months back. Now my PD will be current by June and had 2nd Biometrics this month with code 1, should I send AC21 letter now ? Will it impact the GC approval in any way ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Last 4 months I was into much travelling. I was told that AC-21 letter can be sent at any time.
Was there any reason you did not file AC-21 when you changed jobs.

It is better late than being called for interview and asked why you didn't.

Either way do some search on this forum for a thread on AC21 . It is supposed to be fairly detailed.

I would suggest sending an AC21 letter ASAP. If you don't send an AC21 letter, it will most likely trigger a RFE requesting the AC21 letter at the time of adjudication of your case. This might cause unnecessary delays.

My lawyer sent the AC21 letter in December last year. I was able to see LUDs couple of days immediately after sending the AC21 letter.

Good luck!

Thanks MA_Labor for your advise. I am rushing to send it now.

hang on, I suggest talk to qualifed attorney, how does USCIS know that you changed your job, after june 1st there is good chance they might simply send approval to all the preadjudicated cases sending AC21 letter might trigger few things to check job similarity etc.

myself I changed my job a year before and sent AC21 letter after that I changed my job again and this time I did not sent any letter

I spoke with my new employer's immigration attorney today. She said no need to send AC21 right away. At the time of approval they might ask for the employment verification. Then, we can provide the documents that include Copy of approved labor, 140 approval and 485 receipt along with new employment details.

Thanks. I called attorney. He says better to send now befoe receiving any RFE since it may delay approval.
hang on, I suggest talk to qualifed attorney, how does USCIS know that you changed your job, after june 1st there is good chance they might simply send approval to all the preadjudicated cases sending AC21 letter might trigger few things to check job similarity etc.

myself I changed my job a year before and sent AC21 letter after that I changed my job again and this time I did not sent any letter

If they ask (RFE) it will delay and I am afraid retrogression may kick-in again to doom me for another 3 years. What are my losses if I send AC-21 letter now when I am having good documentation ?

I spoke with my new employer's immigration attorney today. She said no need to send AC21 right away. At the time of approval they might ask for the employment verification. Then, we can provide the documents that include Copy of approved labor, 140 approval and 485 receipt along with new employment details.

Rose101 : checkup at Murthy.com.

I remember it suggested something which implies that one should send AC21 as soon as possible. You may get approval even without informing them but in their records GC was awarded to you based on your original employer's petition. It may hurt when applying for citizenship or as an extreme case GC may be taken away due to fraudelent representation.

It is better to be truthful and take the procedural delay hit now than be mired in another labyrinth later.

Good Luck.
Thanks. I called attorney. He says better to send now befoe receiving any RFE since it may delay approval.

I changed my job 2 years back and didn’t notify CIS either. My lawyer told me I don’t need to file AC-21 unless CIS asks your employment verification. Will CIS asks for your current employer at the time of 485 approval?

I changed my job 2 years back and didn’t notify CIS either. My lawyer told me I don’t need to file AC-21 unless CIS asks your employment verification. Will CIS asks for your current employer at the time of 485 approval?

shas123, my situation is similar to yours. Even i change 2 years back but did not inform USCIS. Now I am with 3rd employer (after original sponsorer) more than a year.

I get mixed advise on whether to notify or not. Even though I dont have any issue filing ac21 but I am afraid if it would cause further delay. But if the law says it is required then I will definitely not worry about the delay. Its better late than never.

AC21 says it is recommended to proactively file but did not say it is required. Generally speaking, when a 485 is approved, it means it is approved for the I-140 employer. In case you file AC21 then I guess the employer info is changed to the new employer.

correct me if I am wrong.

Please confirm if anybody did talk to any of your lawyer in this subject.:confused: