AC21 Questions

vansuram

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,

I have some questions on AC21

My 140 was approved recently ( < 6 months) and it has been more 180 days since I filed I 485. So here are my questions

1) Can I switch jobs without any problem ?
2) When I am interviewing, potentiaal employers keep asking me do I need sponsorship ..? What should I say ?
3) Am I considered a w2 employee
4) My H1-b expriires Jan 2004 .. I have an approved EAD and AP . I have read some listings that say even if your 140 is approved but it is less than 6 months, it is possible for your previous employer to withdraw your 140 . Is this true

Any help would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Originally posted by vansuram
Hello ,

I have some questions on AC21

My 140 was approved recently ( < 6 months) and it has been more 180 days since I filed I 485. So here are my questions

1) Can I switch jobs without any problem ?
yes - to a job with similar description as the one listed in the LC

2) When I am interviewing, potentiaal employers keep asking me do I need sponsorship ..? What should I say ?
It is good to be able to keep your H1B status, but in the worst case scenario you can work on your EAD. So, no you don't need any sponsorship but you might also ask about transferring H1B.

3) Am I considered a w2 employee
Yes - if it is full time permanent job. I am not 100% sure what the legal definiton of a W2 employee is.

4) My H1-b expriires Jan 2004 .. I have an approved EAD and AP . I have read some listings that say even if your 140 is approved but it is less than 6 months, it is possible for your previous employer to withdraw your 140 . Is this true

Any help would be greatly appreicated
Thanks

Yes it is true, you have to have moved beyond the 180 days mark with your 485 to be safe with a approved 140, you own the GC process from now on so you will be okay.

Good luck with your job search