AC21 questions

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My case is i140 approved and 485 past 6 months.
Just wanted to make sure this is the process

a) I get a job offer with a diff company, they agree to give me a h1 transfer and also provide a letter for AC 21 with similar job duties etc. Once I get the h1 b transfer notice, I quit this company and join the company as h1 employee.

Obtain a AC21 letter and send it within a month with paystubs etc right?

a) My question is once I quit last company they will apply for I140 revocation perhaps immediately, would that mean I have to send my AC21 letter immediately after joining the new company without any paystubs before they do that?

b) If I move to a company in a different service center, would I need to send the AC21 application to new service center?

c) Since I have been getting all my GC communication tthrough my company lawyer, i guess the NOID letter or any RFE would come to the old company lawyer, is that correct? or would it come to me/new company?

thanks again for all the information in advance,
enlighten me
Harsha

harsha_c said:
Obtain a AC21 letter and send it within a month with paystubs etc right?

There is no requirement to do this, and if past history is any indication USCIS will likely ignore this.

My question is once I quit last company they will apply for I140 revocation perhaps immediately, would that mean I have to send my AC21 letter immediately after joining the new company without any paystubs before they do that?

I would wait until you get the NOID.

If I move to a company in a different service center, would I need to send the AC21 application to new service center?

There is no AC21 application, and you only ever send correspondence to the service center that has your application. Until they transfer your application (which they likely will NOT do), you send all correspondence to your current Service Center.

Since I have been getting all my GC communication tthrough my company lawyer, i guess the NOID letter or any RFE would come to the old company lawyer, is that correct? or would it come to me/new company?

Your new company is not a party to your I-140 or I-485, so they will get nothing. The NOID/RFE will most likely go to your old attorney. I'd send in a new G-28 indicating you are firing your old attorney, if you wish.

thanks again for all the information in advance,
enlighten me
Harsha[/QUOTE]

I far I understand you don't need to send AC21 documents proactively. You should wait for RFE/NOID and then reply with EVL + paystubs.

To change attorney, you need to send new G-28 form attaching your I-485 receipt alongwith.