AC21 question

canadian2005

Registered Users (C)
hi guys...i have a question about ac-21...let's say my I-140 is approved, and my I-485 has been pending for more than 6 months...

to take advantage of ac-21, can there be a gap in employment before switching to a new job? or do i have to 1st get a new job offer, and only then quit the 1st company? can a person leave the original firm, look around for a new job, and then use ac-21? if so, how long can u remain unemployed before it becomes a problem?

thanks in advance

canadian2005 said:
hi guys...i have a question about ac-21...let's say my I-140 is approved, and my I-485 has been pending for more than 6 months...

to take advantage of ac-21, can there be a gap in employment before switching to a new job? or do i have to 1st get a new job offer, and only then quit the 1st company? can a person leave the original firm, look around for a new job, and then use ac-21? if so, how long can u remain unemployed before it becomes a problem?

thanks in advance

You can stay any amount of time and you wouldn't be "out of status" now, as you have applied AOS. You can take a break from work/go to India and then come and search a job and use AC21. You shouldn't have any problem. This is my 2 cents..

I am in the same situation as Canadian2005. The only difference is I am getting mine as Future employee.

So will I be out of status if I do this.

Thank you.

Mine is also future employment. I was on H1 with company A. I got a better job with company B. So I changed to EAD and worked with company B for some time. I got another better job with company C. I worked only for 3 months with company C and they fired me. ( BASTARDS).

Company D is sponsoring my green card. I do not have any job right now. I am still looking for a job.

Just to let you guys knows, that is absolutely OK. As long as the future employment company D has intent to hire me and as long as I have the intent to start working for them once I get my green card, everything is fine.