AC21 question...Please Advice

jdr

Registered Users (C)
Is there a time limit on how long you can be without a job between I140 approval and 485 approval? and also, when we file AC21 with a new job, should it show continous employment from the previous job?
What happens if we are not employed, when we recieve the 485 approval? do they enquire at the stamping?
Please advice me on this.
Thanks in advance.
- jdr

jdr said:
Is there a time limit on how long you can be without a job between I140 approval and 485 approval?

I don't think there is any time limit, what is important is that the I-140 has been approved and the I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. Of course the sooner you get a job, the better.

and also, when we file AC21 with a new job, should it show continous employment from the previous job?

The AC21 filing, is letter of your current employer stating that you are working for them now. Check for sample letters in the forum. It does not make any reference to when you left your other employer.

What happens if we are not employed, when we recieve the 485 approval? do they enquire at the stamping?
Please advice me on this.
Thanks in advance.
- jdr

Normally If they ask, they send an RFE before approval. If they do, and you don't have a job, they ship you back home.

I think this AC21 is a gray area, the closes thing to a regulation is this memo

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I140_AC21_8403.pdf

The only thing you can do, is get a similar job quick, and hope for the best

thanks for the reply...I am in this gray area now so very anxious about it. Hopefully things will turn out for the better soon.
- jdr