AC21 & position change

malidar

Registered Users (C)
All gurus, If I use AC21 option after six months and my position in new company is senior engineer different than old company (project engineer) but field/responsibilities are same. Do you guys see a problem in the letter from new employer with position as senior engineer instead of project engineer?

Thanks

Al

No problems at all. Lot of friends did the same. No body yet received any RFE's. Make sure that your I140 not revoked by your previous employer. Make a deal with your previous employer. You will be all set.

No problems at all. Lot of friends did the same. No body yet received any RFE's. Make sure that your I140 not revoked by your previous employer. Make a deal with your previous employer. You will be all set.

But, isn't AC21 all about retaining your AOS no matter what happens to your I-140?
Why do we need to make sure it is not revoked?

I have a similar question. If the 140 is revoked by the old employer, will the green card application be terminated?
Thank you very much! Any thought is welcome!

aC21 case approved

My case has been approved on 23rd June. I did use AC21 portability in May 2006 and took full time position in Big company.

I never had any RFE in my entire process. My title when applied for GC in 2002 September was Programmer Analyst. When i changed my job it's Sr Lead programmer and also the responsiblities changed to lead role. The AC21 we sent shows the responsibilities are lead role and were different from previous one( few of them like design, support, coding etc were matching to my roles i mentioned in my original application).
Also there is so much diff in salary also(it's more than 50K higher than to my amount mentioned in original application when i filled).

I never had any issues and got approval on 23rd June. So just make sure that your salary is not going down than the original one. Also make sure at least few responsibilities matching( need not to match all). That's waht my lawyer suggested me.

Also i guess once you cross 180 days of I-140 approval your comapny can't revoke it(not sure just find out time frame) and they don't have control over it.

Before you use AC21 make sure that your I-140 is already approved atleast some time back.

My case info

PD 09/2002, Eb3 , INdia
I-140 12/2003
I-485 04/2004
AC-21 05/2006
EAD - 4 times, FP's 4 times
I-485 approved - 06/23/2007 and got cards already