AC21 - Please help ginnu

NaagaMalli

Registered Users (C)
I joined the new employer by applying AC21. I came to know that my new employer legal department doesn't support AC21 process. So i did that thru some one else.
My EAD and AP are valid upto 03/01/2006. I want to send my wife and kids to india in 2nd week of october. I asked my attorney how much before do i need to apply for extensions.They said that 6 months, they mentioned that person has to be in US while applying. I don't think that's right. So i decided to get help from Ginnu.

My questions are
How much time before do i need to apply for extensions of EAD and AP?
Does my wife need to be here while applying(she is not working) ?
Can i apply on my own(attroney is asking $250 per person.)?

Another stupid lack of understanding question .. sorry
Labor Application date 11/01/2000
I485 receipt date 11/13/2004 - VSC
Now the VSC I485 adjustment dates stopped at sept'23rd 2004. EB2 retrogression says 11/01/1999.

What is my situation in this condition ?
I need to wait until what ?

I am waiting for GC to start a consulting company(just want to give a shot,not sure about the implications),
It looks like it not possible to get GC soon.

Can i start a company now, what are your suggestions.

I am really thankful to you in advance.

Thanks

NaagaMalli said:
I joined the new employer by applying AC21. I came to know that my new employer legal department doesn't support AC21 process. So i did that thru some one else.
--------------- clear the above. do you mean the new employer A did not give you future permanent job offer letter with same/similar job duties? or did you used AC21 by sending employer Y letter to USCIS??
My EAD and AP are valid upto 03/01/2006.
I want to send my wife and kids to india in 2nd week of october.
I asked my attorney how much before do i need to apply for extensions.They said that 6 months, they mentioned that person has to be in US while applying. I don't think that's right.
--------------- one CAN apply EAD renewal 6 months advance, you can file it now or any time for EAD but service center takes time to approve EAD it is better to apply EAD 3-4 months advance so that you get EAd on time. if you or your spouse or kid needto use AP for reentry to US then AP need to be filed when they are IN US and should go out of US with approved AP in Hand
So i decided to get help from Ginnu.

My questions are
How much time before do i need to apply for extensions of EAD and AP?
-------------6 months or 4-5 months
Does my wife need to be here while applying(she is not working) ?
------------ if she want to use AP she need to be in US and should depart US after AP gets approved for her
Can i apply on my own(attroney is asking $250 per person.)?
------------ you dont need Lawyer to file EAD and AP you can file directly. read the threads related to EAD and AP
Now the VSC I485 adjustment dates stopped at sept'23rd 2004. EB2 retrogression says 11/01/1999.

I am waiting for GC to start a consulting company(just want to give a shot,not sure about the implications),

I am really thankful to you in advance.

Thanks

Thanks Ginnu ..

The new employer gave me the same job duties letter. But they said that they can't sponsor the process. So i filed AC21 with some other attorney (out side the new employer).

My wife has EAD and AP valid until 03/02/06. I am talking about renewal of EAD and AP. As per your suggestion she can go to india because she has valid AP in hand right now right. She will be back before the first one expired.I can apply for renewal in her absence right.

Ginnu, can you please answer the following questions also.

Thanks a lot.

NaagaMalli said:
Thanks Ginnu ..

The new employer gave me the same job duties letter. But they said that they can't sponsor the process. So i filed AC21 with some other attorney (out side the new employer).
----------- if the employer gave you future permanent job offer letter and invoked AC21 through lawyer X or Y it is OK

My wife has EAD and AP valid until 03/02/06. I am talking about renewal of EAD and AP.
--------------- She CAN come back to US BEFORE 03/02/06 with valid AP
As per your suggestion she can go to india because she has valid AP in hand right now right. She will be back before the first one expired.
--------yes
I can apply for renewal in her absence right.
---------YOU can apply YOUR AP while you are in US. you Cannot apply AP for her while she is out of US.
* She CAN apply EAD renewal before she goes out , EAD has nothing to do with travel.