AC21 need advice

GCDream05

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I am planning to use AC21 to switch job. Currently on EAD affected by Dates Retrogression..... I140 Aproved, I485 pending 11 months.... LC filing date 09/02.
My GC application processing was done by Company Lawyer.
So now if i want to join another company what all documents are required and procedures need to be done. Please advice.
Listing down some that i know of, please let me know if they are correct also if i have missed any please advice:
1.) File G28 with new atorney.. who will now represent my case.
2.) Get a letter from new company mentioning to INS my job description and salary. Does the HR give this letter, Legal or my Project Manager can give this letter???
3.) Copies of my approved I-140, EAD. and pending I-485.
4.) Are copies of LC required. What if i cannot get copies of LC from current company?
5.) Also when do i do this AC21 process?? Before signing the offer letter? After joining the new company.. within one month??? after 2 months with 2-3 pay slips..???

Also,please suggest any good attorney in Chicago area...

PLease advice.

Thanks

GCDream05 said:
Hi Gurus,
I am planning to use AC21 to switch job. Currently on EAD affected by Dates Retrogression..... I140 Aproved, I485 pending 11 months.... LC filing date 09/02.
My GC application processing was done by Company Lawyer.
So now if i want to join another company what all documents are required and procedures need to be done. Please advice.
Listing down some that i know of, please let me know if they are correct also if i have missed any please advice:
1.) File G28 with new atorney.. who will now represent my case.
>> if u wish you can hire new attorney and file G-28
2.) Get a letter from new company mentioning to INS my job description and salary. Does the HR give this letter, Legal or my Project Manager can give this letter???
>> anybody from new employers side can give this letter.
3.) Copies of my approved I-140, EAD. and pending I-485.
>> dont need these
4.) Are copies of LC required. What if i cannot get copies of LC from current company?
>> you can ask LV filing company for job description. You really dont need copies of LC unless u dont trust your old company!

5.) Also when do i do this AC21 process?? Before signing the offer letter? After joining the new company.. within one month??? after 2 months with 2-3 pay slips..???
>>> when to send AC-21 is upto you. sending it is not required by law.
you can send pay stubs if u wish although only AC-21 letter is required.

Thanks fast_gc_seeker for your reply.
I have some copies that my company had sent for filing my H1... along with those copies i have 3 pages (Form ETA 9035) addressed to "US dept. of Labor" labeled as "Labor Condition Application for H1B nonimmigrants" on this it mentions rate, Job Title, Occupation code = 030.. but nowhere it mentions job description.... where do they mention the job description. Is this copy the Labor application that people refer to.

Thanks.