AC21 for own consulItancy company

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
Imagine I have my own, recently started Limited-Liability company.
Then I provide services for a 3-month and 5-month IT contract for a temp agency A and temp agency B. Imagine one is making $50/hour.

We know that AC21 can be invoked if you work for your own business. The only thing is that you may be required to prove ability to pay.

I am very curious to know whether if I show the receipts from the assignments I have performed let's say, in the last six months (imagine then I would have accrued total of $50,000 gross in 6 months), whether USCIS can consider that ability to pay OK ? That's a very interesting situation.

Interesting Situation Indeed

I have some basic questions about this - Is it confirmed that we could use AC21 for our own business? How do we apply for EAD/AP in that case (using our own company)?

Anybody in this forum who has done this before - experts - please chime in.

Please see UN's thread on ability to pay

marlon2006 said:
Imagine I have my own, recently started Limited-Liability company.
Then I provide services for a 3-month and 5-month IT contract for a temp agency A and temp agency B. Imagine one is making $50/hour.

We know that AC21 can be invoked if you work for your own business. The only thing is that you may be required to prove ability to pay.

I am very curious to know whether if I show the receipts from the assignments I have performed let's say, in the last six months (imagine then I would have accrued total of $50,000 gross in 6 months), whether USCIS can consider that ability to pay OK ? That's a very interesting situation.

Unitednations had given lot of info in the following thread:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=137088&page=1

You seem to be doing fine as per the guidelines for ability to pay.