AC21, Final Approval Letter!!help

gc_ak

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
It has happened again and I have lost my project. MY 485 was filed after I-140 approval on May,02. It is over a year now that I-485 was filed. I plan to use AC21 and get in permanent employment, if I get one(hoping!!!).
My I-485 / I-140 was filed by my company's lawyer and I know nothing about it. I have all the 140 / 485 papers and I have renewed my EAD on my own.
I intend to go thorough a lawer for my AC21. If I use AC21 and inform the BCIS about it, will the GC approval letter come to me, my new lawyer or previous company's lawyer. I am worried that if original gc approval letter go to my previous company's in-house lawyer, then it might be a problem. At this stage I am not worried about the I-140 cancellation, if my company does that and expect my lawyer to take care of it.

Any input / guidance will be greatly appreciated.

A copy of the Approval notice is sent to you and will also go to your Attorney. Do not worry on that.

Since anyhow you are intending to file for AC21 using a new Lawyer then the Approval notice will come to you and to the new lawyer.

Hope that helps.

I guess you are over reacting to your simple situation. Don't get tensed and just look out for a better job opening. You are absolutely safe, there is no need to inform BCIS about your job change, unless & untill you get a RFE for employement.

Still if you want to inform them, there is no risk involved if you find the new job as per AC-21 regulation.

I don't think your current employer will revoke your I-140 etc, its just your own vivid imagination.

I changed my job in Feb 2003 and so far did not inform BCIS. Anyhow in my case since Dec approvals are coming, so I am expecting the same soon. If I get an RFE only, then I intend to inform BCIS.

My advice to you, concentrate on your career and get a stable job if possible and do not worry too much with immigration rules, let an attorney do that job for you.

Wish You Good Luck with Job Hunting.

AC21

Yes, you can use AC21 to switch jobs. Try retaining the old lawyer. If it is not possible, after you get a new job, ask your new lawyer to file G28(not sure about the name), which is for changing lawyers. Still, you do not have to inform INS about job change. They may be intelligent enough to find out that you may have switched job 'cos of lawyer change. You still have a long way to go for Approval. So, by then you should be able to get a job, change your lawyer and get the approval.
Since you have crossed 180 days on 485, even if your employer revokes 140, it will not affect you.

Good Luck on everything!!

Yes, you'll get a copy of approval and you can go for stamping with that. No need to worry about your old attorney.

Should not be a problem

You can always hire a new liar. The new liar will send a G28 form informing BCIS that he/she is now representing you. After BCIS receives this form, any notices will be sent to the new liar and the old liar will be out of the picture. This is what happened in my case. There should not be any issues with this.

Concentrate on getting the job first and everything will follow.

You are absooolutely fine ! No need to worry, just find a job. Like my attorney told me (when I was in similar situation) : take a mug of bear and relax ( though I don't drink beer). As told by other people when there is an rfe at all, you can get the employment letter from the new company. That would suffice.

Good Luck !

WhiteHatHacker : Did u deliberately use Liar instead of Lawyer ?

WhiteHatHacker : Did u deliberately use Liar instead of Lawyer ?

Saisiree, I thought that Liar/Lawyer/Leech are synonyms?

Let me thank you guys for very informative replys. I feel much relieved now.

Wish you all best of luck with GC,