AC21 file or no file

greenhound

I will change job in a couple of weeks after filing 485 for over 180 days. My questions:

1/ Should I file AC21 NOW or wait till concurrent filing with RFE?

2/ If I need to file now, what forms should I fill out? Any success story to file without lawyer's assistance? My lawyer wants to rip me off.

Apprecite any insights into this matter.

Desperate

Greenhound

A previous poster consulted the Law Office of Sheila Murthy and was advised to send the information to BCIS. What do you mean by concurrent RFE? Do you have an RFE that you need to respond to?

Regarding your lawyer, you may wish to switch if you aren't comfortable. I think Rajiv and Murthy are both known as experts in this area.

rgds,
sadiq

thanks

Thanks for your kind reply.

Concurrent filing means to file AC21 along with response to RFE. That means I hold on to my AC21 filing till a later date.

BCIS has not sent RFE yet, though I wish they do.

Thanks again,

Greenhound:)

Greenhound,

It's really a tricky choice. Few months ago I was forced to change my employer an year after filing for 485 through my previous employer. My company lawyer took the wait and watch approach and when BCIS fianlly issued an RFE on my birth certificate, he also invoked AC21 along with the reply for RFE.

My case was approved without any problem in 4 weeks. I think either way (invoking in advance or waiting for RFE) is OK. But if you decide to wait, there is a chance (albeit slim) that your case might be approved even without any RFE hassle.

But I would go with whatever your lawyer decides. There isn't really a right or wrong answer for this.

Pardoner

Pardoner,

Could you please post what's in your RFE here? Did BCIS ask you for the reason why you left your previous employer? If yes, how did you reply?

waitingformyGC,

As I already mentioned, the RFE was for birth certificate - it says my birth was registered 29 years after the fact, so provide more evidence on it.

BCIS didn't ask for the reason - I don't think they'd ask that when you invoke the AC21. They only consider if your job description is similar and make sufficient money to make a living.

Pardoner