AC21 case transfer for interview with no permanent job, advice needed!!!

shiq

Registered Users (C)
I am in a very complicated situation, please read about my case and give any suggestions.
My company filed I485 application in early July, but I got laid off (business unit closed) approx 150 days from RD (which is sometime in Nov). I have received my EAD and AP in Nov 2001, just before I got laid off. I was working as QA engineer in a big telecom company who sponsored my GC. I was unemployed from Nov till Feb2002. Now, I have been doing full time contract job from March till now. My case gotten more worse when I heard AVM that my case has been transferred for interview to local SF office. Following are the AVM history about my case:

Figure print schedule: Dec 15 (figure print done Dec 21)
AVM massage changed to “figure print receive, case has been in pending review”: around 28th December.
AVM massage changed to “case has been resumed”: Jan 11th
AVM massage changed to “ transferred for interview to local INS office in SF”: march 10th

Now, I am waiting for interview date, but I don’t have full time permanent job. My contract job may end within a month and I might end up with no job by the time of interview. What options do I have?

1) What should I do if interview schedules next month, but couldn’t find full time permanent job?
2) Will it be okay if I get a job before interview date and what if the job little bit different than in labor?
3) Will I be able to change my status to F1 if officer will deny my 1485 application and do I have to leave the country immediately? (Imp Q)
4) Is there any way to save my AOS? Any lawyer or any company you know?

I could think of few Reasons for interview call. I have been out of US three times since I485 filed. Once Company trip, second time family emergency returned on H1 and last time traveled on AP in emergency again. My case was transferred for interview while I was out of country. I would really appreciate any responses or suggestions on this difficult case.

Thanks in advance!!

shiq,

If the interview date comes and you still haven\'t found a job, you can postpone the interview to buy some time while you\'re still looking. INS haven\'t yet came up with final AC21 regulations. I know for fact that you can postpone an interview. good luck and god bless you. I think you\'ll be fine just stay strong.

shiq, looks like it\'s take about a year to get an interview from SFO

so you have plenty of time to find a similar job....hopefully by then they also have regulations on AC21 to approve your case......good luck

shiq, my wife just passed interview yesterday at SF office

Here is my opion:
Her case was transfered on 11/01. Coz her finger print did not pass.
Inverview Notice received on 04/04/01, schedule 4/25/02.
She got approved and stamped same day.
SF officers have no interests to deny your I485 if your case is just ok. Even though your case have some ??? here or there, if you could give them an reasonable answers. So I think bring a laywer would be help.

Just personel ideas.

peter...

What was the reciept date of you I-485...
My case also transfeerend to sfo on 4/15...waiting for interview call.

Greatly appreciated if u could give more info...