AC21 and Contractual Job

madsap

Registered Users (C)
I am considering taking a new job with same job title as my current job which is Principal Software Developer.

However, the new job is contractual and as such there
will be end date mentioned on the offer letter. It will also
be mentioned that the contract will be extended depending
on requirement.

Do you guys think the AC21 law will be applicable in this case
and also the offer letter will acceptable to BCIS in case I get an RFE?

Thanks in advance for your help.

eac0206350***
MA
rd 12/3/01
nd 12/14/01
fp 03/01/02
fp2, rfe - not yet.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a full-time job in case of an RFE. But, given the current economic scenario, if you can obtain an employment letter from your employer stating that the contract is a long term one and chances of extension are good, in my opinion, CIS shouldn't have any major heartache over that. Try and have your employer not include any end date in the letter. Anybody here on contract who responded to an RFE will be your best source of info. Anybody??

I agree some extent with mavishka. Asking employment letter is becoming a fashion for BCIS. as long as you get employment letter from current employer (Which has to say permanent ) then you are fine.

Some times BCIS may ignore this, I would say better be cautious.

Do not believe Mavishka!

Mavishka is saying ,it is alright because he / she is herself working on a temporary contract.
Mavishka is only trying to convince you so that if CIS decides to reject his / her Green Card, you will give him / her company.

:D

Originally posted by mavishka
Ideally, it would be nice to have a full-time job in case of an RFE. But, given the current economic scenario, if you can obtain an employment letter from your employer stating that the contract is a long term one and chances of extension are good, in my opinion, CIS shouldn't have any major heartache over that. Try and have your employer not include any end date in the letter. Anybody here on contract who responded to an RFE will be your best source of info. Anybody??

Fearless, your name's a misnomer. Don't get so paranoid. Relax, both me and my spouse have a full-time job. Read my post carefully, I'm asking for advise from people on contract who have received an RFE. I just provided my two cents.

AC-21 ??

I am kind of in same situation. I am a contractor from beginning. My contract ended 2 months ago. Have a permanent offer with same title but less pay 70K. My LC says 92K.

any thoughts whether to take it or wait for another contract

140 approved in May 2003. 485 RD & ND in Dec 2002.

Go and Take it

Based on several postings in this forum, Salary difference (even if it is 20K difference) is not a problem for AC21 cases. So go and take up the new job.