AC21 and 485 approval

sep26

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was filed with company A (based on my approved I-140). After 10 months in 485, I changed to company B. I hired an attorney, who just sent a letter signed by me saying that I am taking up a temporary similar job using AC21 but intend to work with company A in future. There was no mention of company B in that letter nor it accompanied company B's employment letter.
One year after that my case has been approved without any RFEs. I appreciate your help in clarifying following questions:

1. Though the AC21 letter was not a formal one, in my case, is it same as using AC21?

2. Will company B become my new sponsoring employer?

3. How long should I continue with company B to be on safer side?

4. Should I join comapy A again to satisfy the GC requirements?
Thanks in advance.

ND sep2002
FP1 nov2002
FP2 apr2004
AD jul2004

sep26 said:
My 485 was filed with company A (based on my approved I-140). After 10 months in 485, I changed to company B. I hired an attorney, who just sent a letter signed by me saying that I am taking up a temporary similar job using AC21 but intend to work with company A in future. There was no mention of company B in that letter nor it accompanied company B's employment letter.
One year after that my case has been approved without any RFEs. I appreciate your help in clarifying following questions:

1. Though the AC21 letter was not a formal one, in my case, is it same as using AC21?
---No you did NOT use AC21 for new employer your I-485 is approved for employer A
2. Will company B become my new sponsoring employer?
--- NO, becase B did not sent any Future permanent job offer letter to USCIS before I-485 got approved
3. How long should I continue with company B to be on safer side?
---by law you shod be with A afdter I-485 approval for 5-6 months or get letter from A that they dont have job for you and keep that letter with you till you apply the citizenship
4. Should I join comapy A again to satisfy the GC requirements?
--- I will join A
Thanks in advance.

ND sep2002
FP1 nov2002
FP2 apr2004
AD jul2004

How to untilize AC21 I-485 portability rule

Dear Members,

If one files an I-485 petition based on the I-140 approval by his FORMER employer, whom he no longer works for and has no intention to go back at this point, is this legal? with I-485 backlog more than 180 days, it seems Ok to me because once I-485 is pending 180 days, we can use AC21 I-485 portability rule and from that point on, it is safe and legal...If anyone has done that and got approved, i appreciate much you share your success story here.

also, what if the i-140 was approved a couple of years ago and we now file I-485 petition, would BCIS be suspicious of that?