AC21: 180 days from which date?

emailraja

In order to change jobs using AC21...

1. Which date is the reference for counting the 180 day period for the I-485 to have been pending - Notice date or Receipt date?
2. If there was a delay in fingerprinting from my side (did it few weeks after appointment date), is that time subtracted from the waiting period? USCIS sent email saying processing was put on hold while waiting for fingerprinting.
3. Does priority date not being current mean the 180 day rule does not apply? My guess is it does not matter, but just want to confirm it.

I'd appreciate your opinion.

emailraja,

see inset...

emailraja said:
In order to change jobs using AC21...

1. Which date is the reference for counting the 180 day period for the I-485 to have been pending - Notice date or Receipt date?
--its RD of 485.
2. If there was a delay in fingerprinting from my side (did it few weeks after appointment date), is that time subtracted from the waiting period? USCIS sent email saying processing was put on hold while waiting for fingerprinting.
--shouldn't matter, I guess.
3. Does priority date not being current mean the 180 day rule does not apply? My guess is it does not matter, but just want to confirm it.
--You are right. It doesn't matter.

--One more most important thing..you should have your 140 approved too alongwith your 485 pending for > 180 days and should find a same/similar job as specified in your LC.

I'd appreciate your opinion.