AC21 <180 days Case approved !!

Hi all:

I am happy to inform that my case has been approved. The entire process took 3.5+ years and in this period of time I worked for 3 companies and used 4 lawyers. By gods grace and a lot of luck.. I still managed to hit the finish line.

This site has been wonderful and provided me with a lot of information and comic relief (by U know who... :) .. Thanks to everyone.

My info is as follows
PD: Dec 1998
RD: Aug 27, 2001
ND: Oct 16, 2001
AD: Aug 19,2002
EB2, non-RIR, India

I will be hanging around this web site for a few more days so in case you have any questions.. shoot it..

pr1974

My case history for more info....

Nov,1998 Filed for Green Card Labor Certification, EB2, non-RIR
Lawyer 1, Company A

Dec 1998 Priority Date assigned by the commonwealth of MA

Oct, 1999 Company A acquired by Company B. Lawyer 2 takes over from Lawyer 1.

Mar , 2000 I officially start working for Company B. GC paperwork amended as a successor in interest.

Nov, 2000 Labor Certification application approved for Company B

Dec, 2000 I-140 filed by Company B, Lawyer 2

July, 2001 I-140 approved

Aug, 2001 I-485 filed for me and my wife. Did not apply for EAD or Advanced Parole

Oct, 2001 Received receipt from VSC for I-485
Received Date Aug 27, 2001
Notice Date: Oct 16, 2001

Dec, 2001 Applied for EAD at INS Boston office and got it the same day

Dec, 2001 Scheduled Finger printing date for me and my wife. Anticipating layoff, Postponed it to delay adjudication.

Jan, 2002 Laid off by Company B. Company B informed INS to cancel H-1 but will not disturb the I-485 application in progress

Feb 5, 2002 Accepted an offer from a new employer.. Similar job!!.. neighboring state. More money :D The lawyer 3 of Company C was extermely skeptical about me using AC21 as I had changed jobs withing 180 days. Company C filed for a H-1 transfer to be on the safer side.

Feb 22, 2002 180-days from RD
Mar 2002, As both lawyers 2 and 3 were Ac21 zombies I decided to hire my own attorney 4!!!.

May,2002 Moved residence to neigboring state, Informed INS of job change and address (attorney recommended this)

June :rolleyes:
July:rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :(
Aug :mad: :mad: :eek: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !! Boy, you are one lucky son-of-a-gun to have crossed the finish line without a scratch.

I really liked the way you have expressed your state of mind using the smilies. Have a good one.

pR1974, can you please ..

At first, Congrats !

Can you please post the details of your Attorney No. 4 ?

layoff b4 180 days

Experts! need your help please

My I485 was filed on June 2002, got my EAD/AP in July. In Sep, I got laid off from the company who filed my GC.

I, got a job with similar responsibilities and wanted to work there with my EAD. My new employer, however wants to play safe and have filed for my H1 transfer.

I'm little concerned now bcoz I'm not sure whether the H1 transfer will impact my i485.
- Are the chances of RFE enhanced bcoz of the H1 transfer ?
- If INS issues a RFE for the H1 transfer, do they request for a letter of furture employment from my previous company along with current employement letter ?

What are my current options, if there's any ?
Any help or advise will be great!

sivak,
It won't be a problem to get my current employment letter and paystubs but I don't know whether I can obtain an intent to hire document from my previous employer (who filed my I-140 & I-485), in case INS asks for it in the RFE.

Do anyone know of a case where INS have asked for a letter showing intent to hire from the company who filed I-485 or is it always current employment letter ?