ac140 a2z

harapatra and gbittu

Guys

I am the one who called Mumbai consulate regarding my interview for CP. Mine is AC140 case. I received Packet 3 (?) with DS230-I and a list of instructions. In the instructions it said that all CP applicants should get PCC from 1) local police station and 2) regional passport office. It looked to me like instructions for people residing in India (and going for family based IV). I was surprised when the person I talked to at the consulate told me to get local PCC (in addition to the one from the Indian consulate in US) even after telling him that I am residing in the US. Many post in this forum have repeatedly said that PCC from the Indian consulate should suffice.

I have also sent Mumbai Consulate an email asking about this and will keep everyone posted. I do not know how long Mumbai takes to reply.

I am not trying to set off a panic here but trying to see if many people faced this situation before the interview and were never asked for the local PCC during the interview - especially AC140 cases. Regular CP seems to be more streamlined because the instructions come frm NVC.

gbittu....

could u please tell me how long did it take for you to get a confirmation from delhi consulate saying that they have accepted your case. How did you get the case number?

My packet 3 (ac i140 )was received by the consulate on sep 29 th and no response till now.

Please Please guys , I am looking for Hardship letter contents if we go for CP with the pending application of I485??? Please write some points on Hardship letter.
Please help.

Originally posted by damsel'ndistres
gbittu....

could u please tell me how long did it take for you to get a confirmation from delhi consulate saying that they have accepted your case. How did you get the case number?

My packet 3 (ac i140 )was received by the consulate on sep 29 th and no response till now.

I guess it takes about 4-6 weeks. My case had gone to Mumbai and they took about 5 weeks.

Hi,

My case was received by Delhi con on June 22 and I got my case number mail on August 10. I had to call them asking for the case number. Though the mail seems to be a better idea as I had to call so many time to try my luck.

Originally posted by harapatra
I guess it takes about 4-6 weeks. My case had gone to Mumbai and they took about 5 weeks.

Hi Goyal,

My attorney wrote a simple letter to consulate requesting to take up my case and he will represent for the same. No Hardship mentioned on that. Some of the posting says I-1485 lenthy procedures are hardship in itself.

Originally posted by goyal
Please Please guys , I am looking for Hardship letter contents if we go for CP with the pending application of I485??? Please write some points on Hardship letter.
Please help.

Re: harapatra and gbittu

Hi,

Your panic is very genuine. I once sent a mail whether my new US born with US passport has to send a new application to them, and they replied affirmative. This did made any sense to me. I sent the mail in a detailed way and they replied with NO answer for the same.

My suggestion is better to talk on mail. This way they will not write anything illogical and also tell them your views also. I think there are so many people who know whats the exact procedure. Also on your P4 they would have mentioned very clearly ( as I got in my checklist) that either PCC from local or from Indian consulate will be suffice.

Originally posted by KAT02
Guys

I am the one who called Mumbai consulate regarding my interview for CP. Mine is AC140 case. I received Packet 3 (?) with DS230-I and a list of instructions. In the instructions it said that all CP applicants should get PCC from 1) local police station and 2) regional passport office. It looked to me like instructions for people residing in India (and going for family based IV). I was surprised when the person I talked to at the consulate told me to get local PCC (in addition to the one from the Indian consulate in US) even after telling him that I am residing in the US. Many post in this forum have repeatedly said that PCC from the Indian consulate should suffice.

I have also sent Mumbai Consulate an email asking about this and will keep everyone posted. I do not know how long Mumbai takes to reply.

I am not trying to set off a panic here but trying to see if many people faced this situation before the interview and were never asked for the local PCC during the interview - especially AC140 cases. Regular CP seems to be more streamlined because the instructions come frm NVC.

counslate fee & sending the packet

thanks gbittu for the information.

Please tell me one more thing regarding sending Attorny Certified documents packet to American Consulate New Delhi, r we suppose to send the fee of $335.00 per person along with these documents or later on when they will call for interview??

How did u send the packet?Is it sent by attorney or by u?Is this packet need to be sealed or by regular courier?Please suggest and advice.Thanks in advance.

Re: counslate fee & sending the packet

Hi Goyal,

I did not send the money with the packet and dont do it also. All the papers were sent by the attorney through Fedex.

Originally posted by goyal
thanks gbittu for the information.

Please tell me one more thing regarding sending Attorny Certified documents packet to American Consulate New Delhi, r we suppose to send the fee of $335.00 per person along with these documents or later on when they will call for interview??

How did u send the packet?Is it sent by attorney or by u?Is this packet need to be sealed or by regular courier?Please suggest and advice.Thanks in advance.

AC140

Hi,
Congratualtions Gbittu on your success on Ac140 processing
at New Delhi. Would appreciate your sharing your experience with us at the embassy, inculding - processing, paper work required, questions asked etc in detail.

I am trying to make up my mind re : AC140 processing may be you can help me with your recent experiences.
thanks

AC140

Hi,
at New Delhi. Would appreciate your sharing your experience with us at the embassy, inculding - processing, paper work required, questions asked etc in detail.

I am trying to make up my mind re : AC140 processing may be you can help me with your recent experiences.
thanks

AC140

Hi,

thanks