AC I-140 - Mumbai, please help

mahesh999

Registered Users (C)
Hi Cpers,
        My I-140 was approved on Nov 27th, 2001 for AOS. I decided to go for AC I-140. I asked my lawyer to apply for I-824. But my lawyer says Mumbai is not accepting AC I-140s anymore and suggests that CP will take more time than AOS. From your postings I understand that Mumbai is accepting AC I-140. Can anybody help by answering these questions for me…thanks in advance.

1. Does Mumbai still accepting Attorney Certified I-140 (AC I140)?
2. Also my permanent residential address in India is Hyderabad, which falls under Chennai jurisdiction. As Channai doesn\'t accept AC I-140, can I send it to Mumbai?

Thanks again.

mahesh999

I have done AC-140 from Mumbai consulate. I sent the papers in October end and appearing for interview in January. My suggestion would be, call Mumbai Consulate (363 740 8/7) between 2 - 4 pm (IST) and ask them this question.

Regarding the second question, I don\'t have much idea but my guess is, if you can show "hardship" then probably you will get accepted. One of my colleague who fell under Delhi jurisdiction did AC-140 from Mumbai, which means you can also try.

But my advice would be to call up Mumbai consulate and get the info.

Hope this helps.

To mahesh999

I think by responding to your question 2 first, question 1 is automatically answered.

since your residence is Hyderabad and it falls under Madras Consulate\'s jurisdiction (I trust you on that), you CANNOT possibly apply to Mumbai consulate. Hence the question of AC140 acceptance by Mumbai does not arise.

If, however, you can apply to Mumbai consulate: tell your lawyer to serve you his/her money\'s worth. Mumbai is accepting AC140 and I am (and others too) an example of it. My AC140 was accepted and BMB case created TODAY. There were 2-3 other guys who got their BMB today, most likely AC140.

HI Mahesh

Suppose Mumbai does not accept your case then what happnes? You will have to wait for that bloody I-824 approval to come, because Chennai requires approval and not just receipt.

Best thing will be call up Mumbai and ask them for the info. Don not apply for I-824 now. Wait and get the response of Mumbai on this. Because there are people who have waited 6 months to get the I-824 approval. So it is not prudent to apply for I-824 if you are in chennai jurisdiction.

If I was in your shoes, I would have applied for AOS, because AOS is aloc coming in 6-7 months in CSC. Do you belong to CSC?

Anyways, it is your call. All the best in whichver path you choose.

It\'s your choice to choose consulate.

I also fall in the same category as you, I clarified with my lawyer and other friends who has done their CP recently. It is your choice to choose consulate for AOS.

Regarding AC-140, I hope mumbai is still accepting AC-140\'s, but please clarify with mumbai office as others suggested.

I belong to NSC

Thanks for all your responses...Yesterday I\'ve asked my lawyer to apply for 824 already. I know Chennai is not accepting AC140. In that case, I\'d prefer to try it in Mexico, after I receive 824 receipt.

After applying for 824 ...can we go back and apply for 485. I\'ve read somewhere that if you apply for 824, INS is considering that you abonden 485. I can\'t able decide what to do.

Did anyone had recent 824 approvals from NSC...just looking for some ray of hope.

Good news for me

Thanks...seklee.

If I can choose a consulate of my choice...then I would go for Mumbai consulate. Mumbai is still accepting AC I140. Thanks again...for giving me some relief.

:)