AC 21 Question Urgent , Gurus please respond

XalanAPI

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My wac is 02-155-5xxxxx

I used AC21 once, worked with this employer for 1.5 years.

I have another offer with same position, more salary.

Is there any issue using AC-21 multiple time?
when BCIS ask for RFE do we have to inform BCIS about both AC21(i.e offer letter and all form the employer i left).

Thanks in advance

I don't think there is any limit as long as you are doing it within the law but if the new job has more salery with +15K it is better you check with your lawyer, so far I know there are only two things

1. pending aplication for I-485 with an approved I-140 for more than 180 days.
2. the job should be same or similar

Some lawyers firmly say that the same and similar is for the salery also... but again there is no set rules.

Also search in this portal on this, you will get a lot of in depth information.....

Last edited by a moderator:
DO not worry about multiple job change. I just change my job 2nd time.
There is no limit as long as you are changing the job to same/similar position.

Originally posted by gclenahai
DO not worry about multiple job change. I just change my job 2nd time.
There is no limit as long as you are changing the job to same/similar position.

Where does it say that you can switch job several times and are you aware of cases where the 485 got approved after >1 job changes ? The AC-21 portability has lots of grey areas and unless INS comes out with a clarification we can only guess.

at the time AOS or review of your application you are required to have full time same position same work requirments job. So if i have started a job 1 month before RFE and if it is a permanent job with similar duties andsame salary guidelines it does't matter how many times i have changed jobs before. On this forum there are multiple AC21 cases approved with multiple job switch.

RFE doesnt ask for ac21

RFE only asks for EVL w2s and paystubs

wehn i replied to my RFE

i didnt even mention AC21

just gave them what they wanted

Originally posted by ghost-rider
at the time AOS or review of your application you are required to have full time same position same work requirments job. So if i have started a job 1 month before RFE and if it is a permanent job with similar duties andsame salary guidelines it does't matter how many times i have changed jobs before. On this forum there are multiple AC21 cases approved with multiple job switch.
Good post ghost-rider, absolutely agree with your opinion.

needgc123,

Numerous cases with approval after multiple job changes, and FYI, there is no way that INS will even know you have changed job multiple times until you file AC21.

My advise in this case, is not file AC21 unless RFE comes, after which send in latest details.

budhram,

You are right to some extant that 15K+ will raise eyebrows, but that can easily be explained by growth in exposure and stature. The reasons the eyebrows are raised is because INS might get the idea that the job description has changed. But if it is well explained, there shouldn't be any problems.

Re: RFE doesnt ask for ac21

Originally posted by gcskr
RFE only asks for EVL w2s and paystubs

wehn i replied to my RFE

i didnt even mention AC21

just gave them what they wanted

What do you mean by "i didnt even mention AC21"? Your paystub should have your current employer on it which should be different from your original employer at the time of I-485 filing? Has your case been approved yet??

yes my case was approved rite away
but in my reply i didnt mention AC21

but my title was the same
i guess they w2s and paystubs colaborated